I'm trying to use mysql-formula, using it's pillar to set up a
database and a user. But, I'd like to use the configured password
elsewhere, and I haven't figured out how to do that. Any help
appreciated.

Here's the example pillar:
https://github.com/saltstack-formulas/mysql-formula/blob/master/pillar.example
and assume I'm trying to access frank's password from there.

--
viq

  • Stephen Spencer at Oct 7, 2014 at 3:46 am
    You could define a variable in an external jinja file and include the file
    at the top of the pillar definition with appropriate jija substitution
    within the pillar.

    -S