sigh... I busted a chunk of my minions (salt is not running, basically) and
I would like to identify them so that i can fix them manually. My
challenge I have is that the 'test' module returns information about
minions that are OK, not those that are broken, and the output is in a
random order which makes this exersize even more painful. Is there a
saltstack way of doing this from the command line? thanks in advance

  • Clute, Darrel at Oct 1, 2014 at 9:16 pm
    salt-run manage.down

    This provides a list of the minions which are offline.

    Sincerely,

    Darrel Clute
    sigh... I busted a chunk of my minions (salt is not running, basically)
    and I would like to identify them so that i can fix them manually. My
    challenge I have is that the 'test' module returns information about
    minions that are OK, not those that are broken, and the output is in a
    random order which makes this exersize even more painful. Is there a
    saltstack way of doing this from the command line? thanks in advance

  • Alex Leonhardt at Oct 1, 2014 at 9:17 pm
    oh nice to know :)

    This provides a list of the minions which are offline.

    Sincerely,

    Darrel Clute
    sigh... I busted a chunk of my minions (salt is not running, basically)
    and I would like to identify them so that i can fix them manually. My
    challenge I have is that the 'test' module returns information about
    minions that are OK, not those that are broken, and the output is in a
    random order which makes this exersize even more painful. Is there a
    saltstack way of doing this from the command line? thanks in advance

  • Dan Finn at Oct 1, 2014 at 9:39 pm
    We use this as a monitoring tool. Nagios checks the output of that every so often to alert us when we have minions not responding.