I have a shared base environment from which I can run state.highstate
without any problems.

I can run states fine out of my 'devops' environment like so:
salt-call state.sls common.init saltenv='devops'

I am not able to run a highstate from the devops environment:
salt-call state.highstate saltenv='devops'

When I try I get this error:
No Top file or external nodes data matches found

Can I run highstates from multiple environments? Thank you.

--

*Alex Artigues*
*Automation Engineer, SolidFire Inc.*

  • Alex-solidfire at Sep 30, 2014 at 11:04 pm
    It looks like the same is true for state.top:
    https://github.com/saltstack/salt/issues/10660#issuecomment-57350850