Use masterless salt minion. I've updated to salt-2014.7.0rc1 using these
instructions -
http://docs.saltstack.com/en/latest/topics/releases/releasecandidate.html.

Unfortunately, I'm still have trouble accessing the new boto states.

(salt)bash-3.2$ salt-call --config-dir etc/salt --local boto_asg.create
test test '["us-east-1a"]' 0 0 --log-level debug
[DEBUG ] Reading configuration from /Users/xxxx/dev/salt/etc/salt/minion
[INFO ] Using cached minion ID from ./etc/salt/minion_id:
xxxx-MacBook-Pro.local
[DEBUG ] Configuration file path: /Users/xxxx/dev/salt/etc/salt/minion
[DEBUG ] Reading configuration from /Users/xxxx/dev/salt/etc/salt/minion
Function boto_asg.create is not available

(salt)bash-3.2$ salt-call --local --version
salt-call 2014.7.0rc1 (Helium)

Any suggestions on getting these states to work?

- Cathy

  • Tim O'Guin at Sep 11, 2014 at 6:49 pm
    It depends on boto being installed before it will load. Do you have boto
    installed?
[...]

  • Cathyr at Sep 11, 2014 at 7:04 pm
    Uggh! Thanks. I thought I had checked but apparently not. I'm now on my
    way.

    On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 1:43 PM, cathyr <cath...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
    .