Sorry to spam the list, but I guess I get the right people interested :) !
I tried to setup meetup.com group but that costs money so ....

Who's up for a meetup ? Maybe even just meet in a pub in central London at
first and discuss how/when we could setup a meetup.com group (by spreading
the cost, or SaltStack sponsoring ;) .. it's not much!) with
talks/demos/discussions etc. and a proper location ?

Who'd be up for it ? Let me know and we can take it offline / not go via
the salt-users group to not keep spamming everyone :).

Am just very keen to see how and where Salt is being used and hear some
talks about Salt in action, maybe some cool / crazy way of its use, etc..
So far I've only seen demos / talks via youtube from the US and hope to see
a growing community and support for Salt here in the UK / Europe.

Thanks!
Alex

  • Thomas S Hatch at Aug 26, 2014 at 8:59 pm
    I will be in London on the 8th and 9th of October and would be more then
    happy to come to a meetup.
[...]

  • Toby Archer at Aug 27, 2014 at 11:24 am
    I have interest. Assuming "not much!" is with in range of my missionary
    budget. ;)
    On Aug 26, 2014 2:57 PM, "Alex Leonhardt" <aleonh...@gmail.com
    <http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fmeetup.com&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGVDcL1-Z1GHgrF4Ax2jIUMLllaIg>
    group but that costs money so ....

    Who's up for a meetup ? Maybe even just meet in a pub in central London
    at first and discuss how/when we could setup a meetup.com group (by
    spreading the cost, or SaltStack sponsoring ;) .. it's not much!) with
    talks/demos/discussions etc. and a proper location ?

    Who'd be up for it ? Let me know and we can take it offline / not go via
    the salt-users group to not keep spamming everyone :).

    Am just very keen to see how and where Salt is being used and hear some
    talks about Salt in action, maybe some cool / crazy way of its use, etc..
    So far I've only seen demos / talks via youtube from the US and hope to see
    a growing community and support for Salt here in the UK / Europe.

    Thanks!
    Alex

  • Tomé Duarte at Aug 28, 2014 at 1:37 am
    Hi,

    I don't know if I'll be in Europe then, but I'd be interested. Curious on
    how we can help the Salt community grow in Europe.

    Add me to the "notify" list, please :).

    Best regards,
[...]

  • Tanoti at Aug 28, 2014 at 1:22 pm
    I would be interested in a London-based meet-up, especially if we can time
    it so Thomas can be there :)

    John
[...]

  • Krueger Anita at Aug 28, 2014 at 1:41 pm
    Same here. I'm currently in Brighton but have been using Saltstack for over
    a year now for an Austin based company. And I was at the SaltConf in
    January. So if we could meet in London when Tom is there and could get more
    traction for Saltstack in Europe, that'd be awesome!!

    Thanks
    - Anita
[...]

  • Alex Leonhardt at Aug 28, 2014 at 7:19 pm
    Great, so let's pin down the 8th September then!

    Anyone want to do a mini presentation or shall we use this to get to know
    each other and plan talks / topics for future meetups and how frequent
    those should be?

    And of course we have Thomas to answer all our questions :) .

    What do you think!?

    Alex
[...]

  • Krueger Anita at Aug 28, 2014 at 7:31 pm
    Hey Alex,
    I think Tom said 8th/9th of October, right?
    Planning talks and topics sounds like a good idea!

    Thanks
    - Anita
[...]

  • Alex Leonhardt at Aug 28, 2014 at 7:46 pm
    Ooops.. You're right! 8th October!! :)

[...]

  • Alex Leonhardt at Sep 1, 2014 at 9:00 pm
    Hi All,

    Sorry to have to change this, but would 9th of October be OK with everyone
    instead? Docker meetup is on the 8th and it'd be great if everyone
    interested is able to change to the 9th ? If not, we can keep the 8th.

    Cheers!
[...]

  • Krueger Anita at Sep 2, 2014 at 4:12 pm
    Sounds good to me :) I guess check with Tom to see if he can make it. What
    time are these meetups usually happening? Somewhere late afternoon I guess?

    Thanks
    - Anita

    On 28 August 2014 20:46, Alex Leonhardt <aleonh...@gmail.com <javascript:>
[...]

  • Thomas S Hatch at Sep 2, 2014 at 4:55 pm
    Sorry I have been absent from this thread, the 9th works very well for me,
    as I will not be crazy jet-lagged on the 9th but will be on the 8th!

    Thomas S. Hatch | Founder, CTO

    2825 E. Cottonwood Parkway, Suite 360 | Salt Lake City, UT 84121
    thatch@saltstack.com | www.saltstack.com <http://saltstack.com/>

[...]

  • Kris Saxton at Sep 1, 2014 at 10:16 am
    Alex,

    I run the London Infracoders <http://www.meetup.com/Infracoders-London/>
    meetup and am personally a big Salt fan. I'd be more than happy to
    structure an Infracoders meetup around Thomas's visit in October, if that's
    of interest?

    Best,

    Kris

[...]

  • Tanoti at Sep 24, 2014 at 7:30 am
    Has there been any more thoughts on this? The 9th seems like the most
    sensible date as Thomas can make it but I need to know soon so I can
    arrange with my boss that I can attend.

    John

  • Markus Kramer at Sep 24, 2014 at 9:13 am
    Hi Alex,
    I would like to come! But when?
    Reading the thread below reminded me of http://doodle.com/
    It is the best way to set up a meetiong I know and it does not cost money.
    See you,
    Markus
[...]

    as it has been a couple of days and has already appeared on
    @saltstack, I'll post -

    The meetup is being organised on meetup.com; the October event is here
    - http://www.meetup.com/SaltStack-user-group-London/events/209084312/
[...]

  • Alex Leonhardt at Sep 28, 2014 at 8:31 am
    Ha ha thanks Sam! :)

    Alex
    I didn't want to steal Alex's thunder on the mailing list, but seeing
    as it has been a couple of days and has already appeared on
    @saltstack, I'll post -

    The meetup is being organised on meetup.com; the October event is here
    - http://www.meetup.com/SaltStack-user-group-London/events/209084312/
    It is the best way to set up a meetiong I know and it does not cost money.
    See you,
    Markus

    Sorry to spam the list, but I guess I get the right people interested
    :) !
[...]

  • Markus Kramer at Oct 6, 2014 at 2:46 pm
    Hello everybody,
    I would like to join in London and bring with me these topics:
      - setting up a (very) large number of Windows 7 desktop PC minions.
      - using BitTorrent as transport layer.

    Who will be in London that would like to discuss these topics?

    Best regards,
    Markus

[...]

  • Toby Archer at Oct 9, 2014 at 9:39 am
    I'm doing a mid-size windows 7 deployment. I'd certainly like to chat with
    you about your experience thus far.