FAQ
I have grains in my minion file and I would like to update from dev to prod
on 10 servers.

How can i do this from salt master ?


grains:
   roles:
     - dev

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Salt-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to salt-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Search Discussions

  • Wolodja Wentland at Aug 13, 2014 at 11:50 am

    On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 14:47 -0700, Mano Nathan wrote:
    I have grains in my minion file and I would like to update from dev to prod on
    10 servers.

    How can i do this from salt master ?
    Take a look at:

    https://github.com/saltstack-formulas/salt-formula
    http://docs.saltstack.com/en/latest/ref/states/all/salt.states.grains.html
    http://docs.saltstack.com/en/latest/ref/modules/all/salt.modules.grains.html
    --
    Wolodja <babilen@gmail.com>

    4096R/CAF14EFC
    081C B7CD FF04 2BA9 94EA 36B2 8B7F 7D30 CAF1 4EFC
  • Mano Nathan at Aug 13, 2014 at 2:59 pm
    Can you please give me an example on how to do this?
    On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 6:50:59 AM UTC-5, Wolodja Wentland wrote:
    On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 14:47 -0700, Mano Nathan wrote:
    I have grains in my minion file and I would like to update from dev to prod on
    10 servers.

    How can i do this from salt master ?
    Take a look at:

    https://github.com/saltstack-formulas/salt-formula
    http://docs.saltstack.com/en/latest/ref/states/all/salt.states.grains.html

    http://docs.saltstack.com/en/latest/ref/modules/all/salt.modules.grains.html
    --
    Wolodja <bab...@gmail.com <javascript:>>

    4096R/CAF14EFC
    081C B7CD FF04 2BA9 94EA 36B2 8B7F 7D30 CAF1 4EFC
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Salt-users" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to salt-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
  • Wolodja Wentland at Aug 17, 2014 at 7:52 am

    On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 07:59 -0700, Mano Nathan wrote:
    Can you please give me an example on how to do this?
    http://docs.saltstack.com/en/latest/ref/states/all/salt.states.grains.html
    http://docs.saltstack.com/en/latest/ref/modules/all/salt.modules.grains.html
    Both allow you to set grains. The former, for example, allows you to write
    a state such as:

         cheese:
           grains.present:
               - value: edam

    That ensures that a grain "cheese" with value "edam" is present on the system.
    You can use that.

    I just copied the documentation on that website. What did you try and what was
    the result of that? What information do you need to go on?
    --
    Wolodja <babilen@gmail.com>

    4096R/CAF14EFC
    081C B7CD FF04 2BA9 94EA 36B2 8B7F 7D30 CAF1 4EFC

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupsalt-users @
postedAug 12, '14 at 9:47p
activeAug 17, '14 at 7:52a
posts4
users2

2 users in discussion

Mano Nathan: 2 posts Wolodja Wentland: 2 posts

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase