Microsoft Office and Visual Studio are distributed as a big directory with
a bunch of files and a setup.exe. Is there a clean/elegant way to install
these packages using the windows repo functionality? Or so we have to write
custom state files to handle them? Any suggestions for how to serve the
contents? Would using the salt cp.cache functions be a good idea? We would
also need to drop some templated files in and then run the installer with
command line options.

Thanks

  • Colton Myers at Sep 3, 2014 at 11:22 pm
    I think this is very much in line with the other e-mail I just replied to.
      You should reference both use cases in the issue you open on Github.

    --
    Colton Myers