Sorry for asking some basic questions, I am new to salt. I made a
server.sls under /srv/salt/nfs in salt master, the minion is a CentOS 6.5
machine, but I got following error when I running state.hightstate
test=True. Appreciate helps and advice.

server:
   pkg:
     - installed
   service:
     - running
     - watch:
       - pkg: nfs-utils-lib

  ----------
           ID: server
     Function: service.running
       Result: False
      Comment: The following requisites were not found:
                                  watch:
                                      pkg: nfs-utils-lib

Thank you.

- j

  • Ryan Lane at Jul 25, 2014 at 4:56 pm

    Sorry for asking some basic questions, I am new to salt. I made a
    server.sls under /srv/salt/nfs in salt master, the minion is a CentOS 6.5
    machine, but I got following error when I running state.hightstate
    test=True. Appreciate helps and advice.

    server:
    pkg:
    - installed
    service:
    - running
    - watch:
    - pkg: nfs-utils-lib
    You can only reference other defined resources, so you'd need something
    like this:

       Ensure nfs-utils-lib is installed:
         pkg:
           - installed
           - name: nfs-utils-lib

       Ensure service is installed:
         pkg:
           - installed
           - name: service

       Ensure service is running:
         service:
           - running
           - name: service
           - watch:
             - pkg: nfs-utils-lib

    (Note that I'm very explicit in how I define states, that isn't a
    requirement, though.)

    - Ryan

  • Nobody at Jul 27, 2014 at 2:28 am
    Thanks Ryan, great helps.

    - j
[...]

  • Nobody at Jul 26, 2014 at 8:53 am
    Thanks Ryan for the response. I made some modification, but still got
    error: Not quite clear how would you define the "Ensure service is
    running", could you please elaborate it? Thank you.

    nfs_server:
       pkg.installed:
         - name: nfs-utils-lib
       service.running:
         - name: nfs-utils-lib
         - require:
           - pkg: nfs-utils-lib

               ID: nfs_server
         Function: service.running
             Name: nfs-utils-lib
           Result: False
          Comment: The named service nfs-utils-lib is not available
          Started:
          Duration:
          Changes: