every time I call my state with a "salt.states.file.append" I obtain
a DeprecationWarning in my log file:

[salt.state ][INFO ] Executing state file.append for */home/myuser/*myfile.txt
[py.warnings ][WARNING ] /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/salt/modules/cp.py:187: DeprecationWarning: Passing a salt environment should be done using 'saltenv' not 'env'. This functionality will be removed in Salt Boron.

I only use the default environment and I don't pass any 'env' or 'saltenv' variable.

This is my version report output:

# salt-master --versions-report
Salt: 2014.1.4
Python: 2.7.3 (default, Feb 27 2014, 20:00:17)
Jinja2: 2.6
M2Crypto: 0.21.1
msgpack-python: 0.1.10
msgpack-pure: Not Installed
pycrypto: 2.4.1
PyYAML: 3.10
PyZMQ: 13.0.0
ZMQ: 3.2.2

Mirko

  • Colton Myers at Jul 18, 2014 at 9:04 pm
    Thanks for the report. Could you please file an issue on Github if you're
    still seeing this warning?

    --
    Colton Myers