Hi! I'm trying different ways to install Saltstack that don't involve
depending on repositories. (since getting the last version from there is
nearly impossible)

I've tried "pip install salt" and it works somehow (it puts all the scripts
on /usr/local/bin and I don't really know what to do with them.)
Also, you need to have all the dependencies installed (which is madness if
you have to do it for every minion. I had them installed from the previous
rpm saltstack installation I had).

So, I finally tried bootstrap. But I get the following error...

# sudo sh install_salt.sh
  * INFO: sh install_salt.sh -- Version 2014.06.30

  * INFO: System Information:
  * INFO: CPU: AuthenticAMD
  * INFO: CPU Arch: x86_64
  * INFO: OS Name: Linux
  * INFO: OS Version: 3.4.33-2.24-desktop
  * INFO: Distribution: suse 12.2

  * INFO: Installing minion
  * INFO: Found function daemons_running
  * INFO: Found function install_suse_check_services
  * ERROR: No dependencies installation function found. Exiting...

I'm testing all these things with Opensuse 12.2, but the future minion will
have 13.1.

Anyone with similar issues?

Thanks!

  • Colton Myers at Jul 18, 2014 at 8:16 pm
    It appears that OpenSUSE 12.x is supported -- would you mind filing an
    issue against the bootstrap GIthub repo?
    https://github.com/saltstack/salt-bootstrap

    --
    Colton Myers