In our environment we have several groups that systems we are attaching to
salt. We want to use external auth in order to allow them to push out their
changes rather then give them access to root. Some groups have a little as
2 Admins, while others have 10. Saying that I would like to have the
ability to give a group access to run salt commands rather then have to add
all of those users to the external users section. This way if someone
leaves or changes groups. They can no longer access the systems in question
with salt and they can get their new access without having to make alot of
changes.

Any ideas or is this just not possible.

  • Colton Myers at Jul 18, 2014 at 7:21 pm
    We support group authentication:
    http://docs.saltstack.com/en/latest/topics/eauth/index.html

    --
    Colton Myers