Hello all. New to Salt so please forgive me if I've done something
boneheaded.

Trying to get 3 packages to install from a custom repository.

*A quick look at my init.sls for my packages:*

diamond:

   pkg.installed:

     - fromrepo: custom-repo

     - skip_verify: True

     - skip_suggestions: True

jdk:

   pkg.installed:

     - fromrepo: custom-repo

     - skip_verify: True

     - skip_suggestions: True

     - version: 1.7.0_55

tomcat-native:

   pkg.installed:

     - fromrepo: custom-repo

     - skip_verify: True

     - skip_suggestions: True

     - version: 1.1.22-1

*This results in:*

---------
           ID: diamond
     Function: pkg.installed
       Result: False
      Comment: The following packages failed to install/update: diamond.
      Changes:
----------
           ID: jdk
     Function: pkg.installed
       Result: False
      Comment: The following packages failed to install/update: jdk=1.7.0_55.
      Changes:
----------
           ID: tomcat-native
     Function: pkg.installed
       Result: False
      Comment: The following packages failed to install/update:
tomcat-native=1.1.22-1.
      Changes:

*Here's a test to see if the minion can even SEE the binary:*

[root@salt salt]# salt "bd*" pkg.check_db diamond fromrepo=custom-repo

bdapptest.blah.local:
     diamond:
         found:
             True

I'm kind of lost at this point. any tips would be really appreciated.

  • Nick Hobart at Jul 3, 2014 at 4:21 pm
    Solved with correct permissions on my *.rpm files in my custom repo. whoops