I have a rails application. It's quite a large site that allows the user
to do many different things. One of the things is writing reports on
people. I'm wanting to give the user the ability to lookup people from the
database and write a report on them if they're offline. Then have that
report get pushed up to the server database once the connection returns.
  Is this possible? I've seen some off line gems, but how can I allow them
to search for different people to look up and attach a report to? If I need
to provide more information I can... thanks for reading and lending a hand!

  • Colin Law at Mar 17, 2016 at 8:33 am

    I have a rails application. It's quite a large site that allows the user to
    do many different things. One of the things is writing reports on people.
    I'm wanting to give the user the ability to lookup people from the database
    and write a report on them if they're offline. Then have that report get
    pushed up to the server database once the connection returns. Is this
    possible? I've seen some off line gems, but how can I allow them to search
    for different people to look up and attach a report to? If I need to provide
    more information I can... thanks for reading and lending a hand!
    You have said you want them to lookup people in the db when offline,
    and later push them to server db when online. Are there two
    databases? If so what is the relationship between them?

    Colin
  • David McDonald at Mar 17, 2016 at 11:59 am
    Currently, I have a rails application and a SQL Server database that it
    connects to for my production database. While they're connected to the
    site (online) a user can lookup certain people and then fill out a report
    evaluation on them. I would like to allow them to be able to still look up
    a person and write a report if they are offline. From reading it seems
    like I'd need to store them information in HTML 5 local storage, and then
    when it gets the connection back it would upload the data from local
    storage back to the SQL Server database. If I've read up on this
    correctly... does that answer the question?
    I have a rails application. It's quite a large site that allows the user to
    do many different things. One of the things is writing reports on people.
    I'm wanting to give the user the ability to lookup people from the database
    and write a report on them if they're offline. Then have that report get
    pushed up to the server database once the connection returns. Is this
    possible? I've seen some off line gems, but how can I allow them to search
    for different people to look up and attach a report to? If I need to provide
    more information I can... thanks for reading and lending a hand!
    You have said you want them to lookup people in the db when offline,
    and later push them to server db when online. Are there two
    databases? If so what is the relationship between them?

    Colin
    <javascript:>.
    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/d505761c-9ffa-40e8-8b3d-e294802188c3%40googlegroups.com.