<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-k2GxhXioxdY/VfaavXNSucI/AAAAAAAAARc/0ECId5N62jU/s1600/Screenshot%2Bfrom%2B2015-09-14%2B12%253A55%253A28.png>
Hello every body am very new to this group.
i have some issue regarding Rails installation.Though i have installed
Ruby,bundler etc i was trying to install rails using gem install rails
command but there are some error like

ERROR: Error installing rails:

     /home/prasanna/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.2.3/bin/ruby -r
./siteconf20150914-3856-mtv6bq.rb extconf.rb
checking if the C compiler accepts ... *** extconf.rb failed ***
Could not create Makefile due to some reason, probably lack of necessary
libraries and/or headers. Check the mkmf.log file for more details. You
may
need configuration options.

Provided configuration options:
     --with-opt-dir
     --without-opt-dir
     --with-opt-include
     --without-opt-include=${opt-dir}/include
     --with-opt-lib
     --without-opt-lib=${opt-dir}/lib
     --with-make-prog
     --without-make-prog
     --srcdir=.
     --curdir
     --ruby=/home/prasanna/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.2.3/bin/$(RUBY_BASE_NAME)
     --help
     --clean

so can any body please help me to tackle this..

PS.Tried -sudo apt-get install mkmf ,
gem install mkmf
build essential command etc..so please help me to get rid of these..

  • Colin Law at Sep 14, 2015 at 10:20 am

    Hello every body am very new to this group.
    i have some issue regarding Rails installation.Though i have installed
    Ruby,bundler etc i was trying to install rails using gem install rails
    command but there are some error like

    ERROR: Error installing rails:

    /home/prasanna/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.2.3/bin/ruby -r
    ./siteconf20150914-3856-mtv6bq.rb extconf.rb
    checking if the C compiler accepts ... *** extconf.rb failed ***
    Could not create Makefile due to some reason, probably lack of necessary
    libraries and/or headers. Check the mkmf.log file for more details. You
    may
    need configuration options.
    You have forgotten to tell us which operating system you are using.

    I see you are using rvm, usually that will install the dependencies for
    you. Did you install rvm using the recommended method
    curl -L https://get.rvm.io | bash -s stable --rails

    Colin

    Provided configuration options:
    --with-opt-dir
    --without-opt-dir
    --with-opt-include
    --without-opt-include=${opt-dir}/include
    --with-opt-lib
    --without-opt-lib=${opt-dir}/lib
    --with-make-prog
    --without-make-prog
    --srcdir=.
    --curdir
    --ruby=/home/prasanna/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.2.3/bin/$(RUBY_BASE_NAME)
    --help
    --clean

    so can any body please help me to tackle this..

    PS.Tried -sudo apt-get install mkmf ,
    gem install mkmf
    build essential command etc..so please help me to get rid of these..

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/000e21cf-421f-488a-93b6-0d0da43addb4%40googlegroups.com
    <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/000e21cf-421f-488a-93b6-0d0da43addb4%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
    .
  • Prasanna Moharana at Sep 14, 2015 at 10:57 am
    Hello am using Ubuntu 14.04,and i have prefer this

    http://blog.coolaj86.com/articles/installing-ruby-on-ubuntu-12-04.html
    so please help me how to tackle this.

    On Monday, September 14, 2015 at 3:34:22 PM UTC+5:30, Prasanna Moharana
[...]

  • Colin Law at Sep 14, 2015 at 11:10 am

    Hello am using Ubuntu 14.04,and i have prefer this

    http://blog.coolaj86.com/articles/installing-ruby-on-ubuntu-12-04.html
    so please help me how to tackle this.
    That looks ok. What does the command
    rvm requirements
    show?

    Colin
[...]

  • Prasanna Moharana at Sep 14, 2015 at 11:15 am
    Everything seems ok in RVM it shows me- Checking requirements for ubuntu.
    Requirements installation successful.
      But issue in Rails installation pls see the above picture and help me...
[...]

    <javascript:>.
    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/700b7370-1f64-43eb-98cd-94f654996e4b%40googlegroups.com.
  • Colin Law at Sep 14, 2015 at 12:25 pm