Hi,

I have upgrade to the latest rails and activescaffolding, I am processing
the data to .xml format. when i hit the url like server/tablename.xml , it
is utilizing 100% CPU and after the request it is normal. Does this is
acceptable ? is this an issue.

Thanks,
Kranthi

  • Colin Law at Mar 12, 2015 at 10:36 am

    I have upgrade to the latest rails and activescaffolding, I am processing
    the data to .xml format. when i hit the url like server/tablename.xml , it
    is utilizing 100% CPU and after the request it is normal. Does this is
    acceptable ? is this an issue.
    I assume this is running in production mode as obviously the system
    load is much different in development mode.
    What do you see in production.log when you hit the url?
    Post the contents of the log, just for that hit.

    Colin

  • KlausG at Mar 12, 2015 at 11:32 am

    Hi,

    I have upgrade to the latest rails and activescaffolding, I am processing
    the data to .xml format. when i hit the url like server/tablename.xml , it
    is utilizing 100% CPU and after the request it is normal. Does this is
    acceptable ? is this an issue.

    Thanks,
    Kranthi
    100% CPU utilization means: hey I am working on processing your data.
    So thats total normal and acceptable.

    The only issue could be: how LONG stays the CPU at 100% ?
    And the answer is: it depends, how many data has to be processed, how
    complex is the computation, etc

    But why are you asking? Is there a difference before and after your upgrade
    ?