I am currently building a RoR project that requires the mysql2 gem. I
successfully installed the gem. Because it is showing up in my gem list.

However I am getting the following error when I try to start my project:
"Could not find gem 'mysql2 (= 0.3.17) ruby' in the gems available on
this machine. Run `bundle install` to install missing gems."

The gem is also definitely in my Gemfile. I've included a log in order
to display all of this info.

What can I do for my project to recognize that mysql2 gem is most
definitely installed on my machine?

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/10441/log.txt

  • Andrey Nering at Jan 22, 2015 at 3:52 pm
    Did you try to run "bundle install" or "bundle update"?

    Em quinta-feira, 22 de janeiro de 2015 13:23:01 UTC-2, Ruby-Forum.com User
    I am currently building a RoR project that requires the mysql2 gem. I
    successfully installed the gem. Because it is showing up in my gem list.

    However I am getting the following error when I try to start my project:
    "Could not find gem 'mysql2 (= 0.3.17) ruby' in the gems available on
    this machine. Run `bundle install` to install missing gems."

    The gem is also definitely in my Gemfile. I've included a log in order
    to display all of this info.

    What can I do for my project to recognize that mysql2 gem is most
    definitely installed on my machine?

    Attachments:
    http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/10441/log.txt

  • Hassan Schroeder at Jan 22, 2015 at 4:13 pm

    I am currently building a RoR project that requires the mysql2 gem. I
    successfully installed the gem. Because it is showing up in my gem list.

    However I am getting the following error when I try to start my project:
    "Could not find gem 'mysql2 (= 0.3.17) ruby' in the gems available on
    this machine. Run `bundle install` to install missing gems."

    The gem is also definitely in my Gemfile. I've included a log in order
    to display all of this info.
    1) You probably shouldn't be doing development as root.

    2) Look at the second and last lines of your snippet - see a problem?

    [root@vc2cmmka035538n Ruby]# ruby -v
    [root@vc2cmmka035538n Ruby]# rails -v
    Rails 3.2.3
    [root@vc2cmmka035538n Ruby]# gem env
    RubyGems Environment:
       - RUBYGEMS VERSION: 1.8.24
       - RUBY VERSION: 1.9.3 (2013-06-27 patchlevel 448) [x86_64-linux]

    http://about.me/hassanschroeder
    twitter: @hassan