A worldwide brand and fast-growing media and entertainment company have
big expansion plans for there development team to bring in several
Senior Ruby on Rails Developers. They are looking for developers to be
responsible for providing technical solutions, designs and
implementations for new and ongoing software development projects;
ranging from the development of high traffic public-facing websites to
internal shared content service solutions supporting multi-platform
digital content distribution.
This company are passionate about their products and the evolving
technologies we use to build them. As a ruby on rails Developer you will
need to share their passion for craftsmanship in software design and
development and continuous improvement in the techniques, tools and
languages they use; as well as have an appreciation for business
objectives and delivering superior, innovative software solutions.

Essential Skills: (Senior Ruby on Rails Developer)
* Ruby on Rails
* Strong Object Oriented design skills
* Previous experience with test-driven development, automated testing
frameworks and related tools such as JUnit, RSpec, Cucumber, JBehave,
Selenium and JMock
* Proven experience working with Continuous Integration and Revision
Control systems such as Bamboo, Hudson and CruiseControl and Subversion,
git or CVS
* Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills within an Agile
project teams
* Ability to understand a technology problem in light of a broader
product vision

Our client accepts international applications and offers Visasponsoring.
Interested candidates should send their CV to hr@buerolersch.de

  • Thomas Lersch at Dec 2, 2014 at 6:16 am
    Our client specializes in solving complex technical problems in the film
    and TV broadcasting industries by creating value through the manual &
    automatic curation of hidden content in archives, studios and
    broadcasting businesses generating new revenue streams for our
    customers. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company in the
    hottest industry space that offers an exciting, challenging and dynamic
    work environment with tremendous career growth potential.
    We are seeking Senior Ruby on Rails Developer with 5+ years of RoR
    development experience to work at our clients Berlin office.
    Primary Responsibilities
    • Ownership and responsibility for major aspects of product
    functionality from back-end algorithms to front-end user experience.
    • Work closely with stakeholders and peers to develop software that
    meets the business objectives of the organization.
    • Make significant contributions to ensure a cohesive and integrated
    team, defining and advocating engineering best practices.
    • Writing superb code and associated unit/acceptance tests.
    • Think about how you can best tailor a user experience, but you must
    also be capable of creating highly scalable infrastructure.
    Required Experience
    • Minimum of 4+ years of RoR development experience.
    • Deep understanding of the following technologies: Javascript, HTML,
    CSS, AJAX, JSON
    • Experience with Javascript MVC frameworks such as angular.js and
    ember.js.
    • You must be a creative and proactive problem-solver, who writes
    efficient and maintainable code.
    • Experience building high-throughput distributed systems using service
    bus and messaging platforms.
    • Deep understanding of developing and integrating with REST APIs.
    • Understanding of Agile principles and practices such as TDD,
    Continuous Integration, daily Scrums, and sprint/release planning and
    execution.
    Desired Experience
    • Experience with workflow systems.
    • Experience with cloud-based offerings (Amazon EC2, Heroku, etc.)
    • Experience with Github
    • Experience with digital media tools and technologies (streaming,
    transcoding, audio analysis, image processing)