Hello all,

I am working on building my very first rails template to be used for
creating future applications. I am curious about how I can include assets
(css, js, and images) to my template. The idea is to have my generated apps
look uniform as they are initially generated.

If someone could explain this to me or point me to some good documentation
that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

  • Mike2r at Mar 14, 2014 at 2:31 pm

    I am working on building my very first rails template to be used for
    creating future applications. I am curious about how I can include assets
    (css, js, and images) to my template. The idea is to have my generated apps
    look uniform as they are initially generated.

    If someone could explain this to me or point me to some good documentation
    that would be helpful.

    Thanks in advance.
    Yes. First, there is an edge guide for this although it isn't listed in
    the guides index, but it's there at the following link:

    http://edgeguides.rubyonrails.org/rails_application_templates.html

    This covers the basics of application templates, but it doesn't really
    cover Thor actions, it does mention them in Section 3 (the rails template
    engine uses thor). There's a blog posting that covers it pretty well at
    the following link:

    http://technology.stitchfix.com/blog/2014/01/06/rails-app-templates/