I have just finished the Michael Hartl tutorial. I am trying to
implement omniauth-facebook to sign-up and sign-in users. I am having
trouble creating the master variable to use in the create action in the
sessions controller. My assumption is that I should put in an if else
statement to see if the master is either signing on through facebook or
through the default form? Or should I use and or statement:

(master = Master.find_by(email: params[:session][:email].downcase) ||
Master.from_omniauth(env["omniauth.auth"])) ?

Here is the omniauth-facebook sessons controller create action code:

def create
     user = User.from_omniauth(env["omniauth.auth"])
     session[:user_id] = user.id
     redirect_to root_url
   end

And here is my current sessions controller create action code:

class SessionsController < ApplicationController

     def new
     end

     def create
         master = Master.find_by(email:
params[:session][:email].downcase)
         if master && master.authenticate(params[:session][:password])
             sign_in master
             redirect_back_or master
         else
             flash.now[:error] = 'Invalid email/password combination'
             render 'new'
         end
     end
     .