I have *home.html.erb* file which has a link for *course.html.erb *file
using *link_to*. I have defined a named route for this navigation. On
clicking the link, I get an error as shown below. Looks like the named
route is not accessible in the view.

Is my routes.rb entry correct? I am not sure if after *match *in routes.rb
file*,* the name of view should be in single quotes or double quotes and
whether a "/" is needed before view name. I tried both, it didn't work.

*Error:*

undefined local variable or method `training_path' for #<#<Class:0xa856f9c>:0xa857244>

----

*views/trainer/home.html.erb*

<li>
  <%= link_to "Training", training_path %>
</li>

*routes.rb*

resources :trainer do
     match "/course", to: 'trainer#course', :as => :training
end

*controller/trainer_controller.rb*

class TrainerController < ApplicationController

def course
end

end

*views/trainer/course.html.erb*

<h1> Learning Ruby </h1>

*rake routes* shows me following line related to the route:

trainer_training /trainer/:trainer_id/course(.:format) trainer#course

Thanks.

  • Ankur Kumar at Nov 27, 2013 at 4:57 am
    I have fixed this issue. The 'match' statement needs to be outside the
    resource block in routes.rb. Rest everything remains the same.

    Thanks.

    Sent from Galaxy R, please ignore typo or brevity

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/10f2ce62-4b20-4d29-a89d-56391a0f3b38%40googlegroups.com
    .