Hi, i want to deploy my website sort of chat website.
I am expecting more than 50K online users at it's peak time.
I don't want to compromise on optimization and page speed and don't want
user to wait too long for page to load.

Any one suggest me best hosting for RAILS, some comparison and contrast are
highly appreciated.
I have found heroku,amazon and bluehost are good to host in ROR. But which
one is more stable in my scenerio?

Thank you in advance!

  • Carlos Mathiasen at Nov 5, 2013 at 11:11 am
    I think Heroku is a good option. I worked with Heroku and Rails and the
    performance is excelent. The only problem is the pricing, but if you will
    have 50K users I think that is not a problem for your system.
    Heroku is an amazon system, if you use Amazon you should set the OS too,
    this is an heroku benefit for me., with "git push" you have all the system
    online in few minutes.
    I hope this help you a little :)

    Matt's

    Hi, i want to deploy my website sort of chat website.
    I am expecting more than 50K online users at it's peak time.
    I don't want to compromise on optimization and page speed and don't want
    user to wait too long for page to load.

    Any one suggest me best hosting for RAILS, some comparison and contrast
    are highly appreciated.
    I have found heroku,amazon and bluehost are good to host in ROR. But which
    one is more stable in my scenerio?

    Thank you in advance!

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/15a90d90-2dd1-43c8-b28d-fa88c5a97d46%40googlegroups.com
    .
  • Jordon Bedwell at Nov 5, 2013 at 11:14 am

    I think Heroku is a good option. I worked with Heroku and Rails and the
    performance is excelent. The only problem is the pricing, but if you will
    have 50K users I think that is not a problem for your system.
    Not if you are on Heroku, unless you pay big money and even then you
    are paying far more than you need to for sub-par performance.

  • Fahad Idrees at Nov 5, 2013 at 7:21 pm
    I don't have lots of budge for hosting I want to get maximum benefits in
    low price.
    No doubt heroku is the best but i have to pay huge amount to run my site on
    heroku and have to purchase additional add-ons and plugin in heroku.

    Any other cheap sever in $10-30 per month range?

    I think Heroku is a good option. I worked with Heroku and Rails and the
    performance is excelent. The only problem is the pricing, but if you will
    have 50K users I think that is not a problem for your system.
    Not if you are on Heroku, unless you pay big money and even then you
    are paying far more than you need to for sub-par performance.

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/CAM5XQnwfN28UwB4W1un-mwnYNPGeu6FfoJL1DpfbafPs5DOCXg%40mail.gmail.com
    .
  • Walter Lee Davis at Nov 5, 2013 at 7:36 pm

    I don't have lots of budge for hosting I want to get maximum benefits in low price.
    No doubt heroku is the best but i have to pay huge amount to run my site on heroku and have to purchase additional add-ons and plugin in heroku.

    Any other cheap sever in $10-30 per month range?
    There's always Digital Ocean.

    Walter
    I think Heroku is a good option. I worked with Heroku and Rails and the
    performance is excelent. The only problem is the pricing, but if you will
    have 50K users I think that is not a problem for your system.
    Not if you are on Heroku, unless you pay big money and even then you
    are paying far more than you need to for sub-par performance.

  • Pandya, Amit at Nov 5, 2013 at 7:44 pm
    How about digital ocean <https://www.digitalocean.com/>?
    pricing<https://www.digitalocean.com/pricing>
    and price-comparison-chart<https://www.digitalocean.com/price-comparison-chart>

[...]

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/CAJgx-dj0CObQEnozhd_5g_dehofYJ%2BZ64%2BDfqXye4ci0%3D0Tg8w%40mail.gmail.com
    .
    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/3DA67312-F62B-4882-95BF-485BFC8D9536%40wdstudio.com
    .

    Warm Regards,

    Amit Pandya

    End is not end, In-fact E.N.D is "EFFORT NEVER DIES"
    If you get NO in answer, remember N.O. is "NEXT OPPORTUNITY"
    Impossible just separate the word - I M Possible

  • Matt Jones at Nov 6, 2013 at 1:46 pm

    I don't have lots of budge for hosting I want to get maximum benefits in
    low price.
    No doubt heroku is the best but i have to pay huge amount to run my site
    on heroku and have to purchase additional add-ons and plugin in heroku.

    Any other cheap sever in $10-30 per month range?
    If you're worried about having to pay a "huge amount" to put your site up
    on Heroku, a $30/mo VPS will NOT work either.

    To be honest, nobody is going to be able to make an accurate recommendation
    for a host given just what you've posted here - there's too much
    variability in what your site's code may demand to really make a decision
    without benchmarks. Set up a site someplace, and load test it. Repeat on
    more hosts until you find one that delivers enough performance to scale out
    to the size you need at the price you want.

    --Matt Jones

    On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 4:13 PM, Jordon Bedwell <envy...@gmail.com<javascript:>
    I think Heroku is a good option. I worked with Heroku and Rails and the
    performance is excelent. The only problem is the pricing, but if you will
    have 50K users I think that is not a problem for your system.
    Not if you are on Heroku, unless you pay big money and even then you
    are paying far more than you need to for sub-par performance.

    .
    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/CAM5XQnwfN28UwB4W1un-mwnYNPGeu6FfoJL1DpfbafPs5DOCXg%40mail.gmail.com
    .
  • Jordon Bedwell at Nov 7, 2013 at 7:30 am

    I don't have lots of budge for hosting I want to get maximum benefits in
    low price.
    No doubt heroku is the best but i have to pay huge amount to run my site
    on heroku and have to purchase additional add-ons and plugin in heroku.

    Any other cheap sever in $10-30 per month range?
    I feel the need to come in and say that I implied that Heroku was far from
    the best, actually I tried to imply that Heroku charges far more than they
    are currently worth. With a good sysadmin or devops team you could build a
    far more powerful stack... What other people have implied about
    DigitalOcean is what we've done with a few of our really large stacks, we
    rebuilt them on DigitalOcean and saved tons of money.

    On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 4:13 PM, Jordon Bedwell <envy...@gmail.com<javascript:>
    I think Heroku is a good option. I worked with Heroku and Rails and the
    performance is excelent. The only problem is the pricing, but if you will
    have 50K users I think that is not a problem for your system.
    Not if you are on Heroku, unless you pay big money and even then you
    are paying far more than you need to for sub-par performance.

    .
    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/CAM5XQnwfN28UwB4W1un-mwnYNPGeu6FfoJL1DpfbafPs5DOCXg%40mail.gmail.com
    .
  • Tamara Temple at Nov 5, 2013 at 7:18 pm