I am trying to keep an old rails site maintained. By old, I mean Ruby on
Rails 2.1. It used to have Twitter and Facebook authentication, but they
are broken now. I'm not much of a rails dev so I could use some advice on
going about fixing them.

For Twitter, it's using the old Twitter4r gem. I believe this has been
broken ever since Twitter when OAuth only. Yeah, that long.

For Facebook, it's using a gem called facebooker. I updated that to 1.0.13 back
in May, and it's still busted.

I'm assuming I will have to integrate completely new gems to fix
functionality. What gems should I look at?

  • Andreo at Nov 7, 2013 at 3:10 pm
    Updating rails is not an option?

    Well you should try to use oauth and write an interface for using both
    authentications. would make your life much easier.

    What do you use for normal authentication?