At the point of this section
        *http://ruby.railstutorial.org/chapters/sign-up#sec-signup_failure*<http://ruby.railstutorial.org/chapters/sign-up#sec-signup_failure>
clicking the "Create my account" button on the signup form shows the
following image at

<http://ruby.railstutorial.org/images/figures/signup_failure_rails_4.png>
According to the tutorial, I must modify these files to rid myself of the
error.

    - app/controllers/users_controller.rb
    - app/views/users/new.html.erb
    - app/views/shared/_error_messages.html.erb
    - app/assets/stylesheets/custom.css.scss

I made all the modifications (until I saw the *working image*<http://ruby.railstutorial.org/images/figures/signup_error_messages_bootstrap.png>to the 4 files), and I still get the error image above when submitting the
file, rather than a page that shows me that I left the fields blank.

Can you help with this?

  • Colin Law at Oct 21, 2013 at 6:01 pm