Hello folks.

I'm new in Ruby also ROR.
I installed oracle intant client and test it it works fine. Now I wanna
connect to oracle db. But its got some error. like this
*custom_require.rb:36:in `require': cannot load such file -- oci8
(LoadError)*

my code is here.

require 'oci8'
oci = OCI8.new('user','pass','ip:port/sid')
oci.exec('select * from table') do |record|
   puts record.join(',')
end

Pls help me. What's wrong ?

Regards.

  • Khizer Mehdi at Aug 29, 2013 at 8:38 am
    Hi Tsolmon,

          Have u installed ruby-oci8 gem package

    Regards
    Mehdi
    I installed oracle intant client and test it it works fine. Now I wanna
    connect to oracle db. But its got some error. like this
    *custom_require.rb:36:in `require': cannot load such file -- oci8
    (LoadError)*

    my code is here.

    require 'oci8'
    oci = OCI8.new('user','pass','ip:port/sid')
    oci.exec('select * from table') do |record|
    puts record.join(',')
    end

    Pls help me. What's wrong ?

    Regards.

  • Tsolmon Narantsogt at Aug 29, 2013 at 8:47 am
    Yes i installed ruby-oci8 from source.
    like this
    linux:
       ruby setup.rb config -- --with-instant-client
       *then *

    *mnts26@mnts26:~/Downloads/ROR OCI8/ruby-oci8-2.0.4$ make*
    ruby -w setup.rb config
    setup.rb:278: warning: assigned but unused variable - vname
    setup.rb:278: warning: assigned but unused variable - desc
    setup.rb:278: warning: assigned but unused variable - default2
    setup.rb:109: Use RbConfig instead of obsolete and deprecated Config.
    ---> lib
    ---> lib/dbd
    <--- lib/dbd
    ---> lib/oci8
    <--- lib/oci8
    <--- lib
    ---> ext
    ---> ext/oci8
    /home/mnts26/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p448/bin/ruby
    /home/mnts26/Downloads/ROR OCI8/ruby-oci8-2.0.4/ext/oci8/extconf.rb
    setup.rb:476: warning: Insecure world writable dir /opt/oracle in PATH,
    mode 040777
    /home/mnts26/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p448/bin/ruby: No such file or
    directory -- /home/mnts26/Downloads/ROR (LoadError)
    'system /home/mnts26/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p448/bin/ruby
    /home/mnts26/Downloads/ROR OCI8/ruby-oci8-2.0.4/ext/oci8/extconf.rb ' failed
    Try 'ruby setup.rb --help' for detailed usage.
    make: *** [config.save] Error 1

    I got those lines.

    Regards

    I installed oracle intant client and test it it works fine. Now I wanna
    connect to oracle db. But its got some error. like this
    *custom_require.rb:36:in `require': cannot load such file -- oci8
    (LoadError)*

    my code is here.

    require 'oci8'
    oci = OCI8.new('user','pass','ip:port/sid')
    oci.exec('select * from table') do |record|
    puts record.join(',')
    end

    Pls help me. What's wrong ?

    Regards.

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/CAPs6WSebTp9RM0CBvoQEYheXA3HkUp3%2B04Piom0FQTtDDARDKw%40mail.gmail.com
    .
    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/CABRbsVk5GCMZx%2BQLTCYD2j5AoQ%2Bigg5gwq5%2BcQDVGZ3a%3D5szgw%40mail.gmail.com
    .
  • Khizer Mehdi at Aug 29, 2013 at 9:31 am
    Installation failed due to error

    For installing that ruby-oci8 gem u need
    1. instantclient-basic
    2. instantclient-sdk
    3. u need to export LD_LIBRARY_PATH of that path
    4. then run bundle install

    Regards
    Mehdi