Hi all,

I have created a form to insert new records (see "Selección_001.png")
with two mandatory fields ("name" and "surname") but if I try to insert
a blank record (so it is invalid) I get the two errors (that is correct)
but the page layout is modified (see "Selección_002.png"), which is not
correct.

As you can see "Name" label, "name" text box, "Surname" label, and
"surname" text box are moved each one to a new line (which is different
from to original layout)

I have tried to delete ALL css files on the folder but without success
("Selección_003.png"), the red color disappears but the layout is still
modified ;-(

Does anybody know what file I have to update to avoid this change in my
layout?

Thanks!

         Jorge

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/8698/Selecci_n_001.jpg
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/8699/Selecci_n_002.jpg
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/8700/Selecci_n_003.jpg

  • Colin Law at Aug 29, 2013 at 8:08 pm

    I have created a form to insert new records (see "Selección_001.png")
    with two mandatory fields ("name" and "surname") but if I try to insert
    a blank record (so it is invalid) I get the two errors (that is correct)
    but the page layout is modified (see "Selección_002.png"), which is not
    correct.

    As you can see "Name" label, "name" text box, "Surname" label, and
    "surname" text box are moved each one to a new line (which is different
    from to original layout)

    I have tried to delete ALL css files on the folder but without success
    ("Selección_003.png"), the red color disappears but the layout is still
    modified ;-(

    Does anybody know what file I have to update to avoid this change in my
    layout?
    Using Firebug in Firefox you can inspect the css and see what is going
    on. Also inspect the html and see what has changed there.

    Colin

  • Jorge C. at Aug 29, 2013 at 9:02 pm
    Thanks Colin!

    The "issue" was on HTML code: each faulty HTML tag was being wrapped
    inside a new <div>, so the default behavior was to start a new line.

    I have added "display:inline-block" in the CSS class and everything is
    working perfect now.

    Thanks!!