Hi, I'm having a bit of aggro getting Unicorn and Nginx setup to where
Uncorn.rb actually loads. Second prob is getting Nginx to properly
recognize the new app listed as server in nginx.conf

Does anyone know of any good articles on this setup? I've looked a tried a
few but with no success. Puma & Apache setup worked just fine, but I'm
really keep to go Nginx/Unicorn. Thanks.

  • Dwight S. at Aug 12, 2013 at 10:19 pm
    Sounds like there's something wrong with your nginx config and/or
    unicorn.conf. Could you put a github gist link for each of these
    configurations?

    Cheers,
    Dwight S. (@denzuko)
    ComputekIndustries.com

  • Exel Dev at Aug 13, 2013 at 6:30 am

    Dwight Spencer wrote in post #1118529:
    Sounds like there's something wrong with your nginx config and/or
    unicorn.conf. Could you put a github gist link for each of these
    configurations?

    Cheers,
    Dwight S. (@denzuko)
    ComputekIndustries.com
    Hi Dwight,

    Thanks for your help, I've made a number of changes to the nginx conf
    files so may be way off target by now. Getting Nginx, Rails, Postgres
    pretty straight foward, the unicorn thing is a bit challenging despite
    following a few blog article how tos. Here's my github gist on 4 files:

    https://gist.github.com/anonymous/bb7eee660afd1fa70b61

    1. nginx.conf
    2. modelesprit.com - file for the app
    3. unicorn_connector.conf - file included in 2 for unicorn
    4. railo_connector.conf - file included in 2 for Railo coldfusion server
    as I have some legacy coldfusion apps to support

    Thanks,
    Pardeep.

  • Exel Dev at Aug 13, 2013 at 6:35 am
    For some reason the first gist didn't include the nginx.conf file.

    Here it is:

    https://gist.github.com/anonymous/c32b0d0ee91434d80f5c

  • Dwight Spencer at Aug 13, 2013 at 4:43 pm
    Hi Pardeep,

    I'm glad to help. I did get to review both of the gists you posted up
    and your nginx configuration does look proper. This leads me to suspect
    there is a config issue with unicorn. Do you have a gist of the unicorn
    config I can look at?

    Also, are you making sure to have unicorn listen on a unix socket
    located at /tmp/unicorn.modelesprit.sock instead of a tcp port?

    Cheers,
    Dwight S. (@denzuko)
    ComputekIndustries.com

  • Exel Dev at Aug 14, 2013 at 12:20 pm

    Dwight Spencer wrote in post #1118596:
    Hi Pardeep,

    I'm glad to help. I did get to review both of the gists you posted up
    and your nginx configuration does look proper. This leads me to suspect
    there is a config issue with unicorn. Do you have a gist of the unicorn
    config I can look at?

    Also, are you making sure to have unicorn listen on a unix socket
    located at /tmp/unicorn.modelesprit.sock instead of a tcp port?

    Cheers,
    Dwight S. (@denzuko)
    ComputekIndustries.com
    Hi Dwight,

    Sorry for the delay, my unicorn.rb file in the rails app config folder
    is as follows:

    root = "/srv/www/modelesprit.com/"
    working_directory root
    pid "#{root}/tmp/pids/unicorn.pid"