Hi, I'm having a bit of aggro getting Unicorn and Nginx setup to where
Uncorn.rb actually loads. Second prob is getting Nginx to properly
recognize the new app listed as server in nginx.conf

Does anyone know of any good articles on this setup? I've looked a tried a
few but with no success. Puma & Apache setup worked just fine, but I'm
really keep to go Nginx/Unicorn.

My stack is Ubuntu 12.04 / Nginx / Railo 4 / Unicorn.

Thanks.

  • Ivan Histand at Aug 11, 2013 at 5:58 pm
    I have a project I've been working on to automate the setup of a rails
    server on Amazon EC2. There are bash scripts to set up Nginx with/without
    SSL and sample config files for unicorn. Everything is tested with Rails
    4.

    https://github.com/badgeretl/ec2-ror-setup

    Take a look at the /projects, /unicorn, and /nginx folders for related
    stuff.

    I am working on improving the documentation, but there are comments in the
    setup_*.sh scripts that explain a lot. I've not tested it on Ubuntu (only
    Amazon Linux instances, which are redhat based) but you should be able at
    least get some good info there.

    --Ivan

  • Ivan Histand at Aug 12, 2013 at 6:03 am
    I have a project I've been working on that may help. It includes some
    template config files for both unicorn and nginx, as well as bash scripts
    to set it up with or without ssl.

    The assumption is that you are setting it up on Amazon EC2, but it should
    work with minor changes for any linux platform.

    There's not much documentation yet, I'm working on that, but the bash
    scripts have a fair amount of comments which should explain most things.

    check out the nginx/setup_nginx.sh script, and the unicorn/unicorn.rb
    sample template.