Hello! Can't find any related data on the subject: how to receive a file
via SOAP. If anyone have accomplished such a task I'll be very greatful for
any help and info.
Thanks.

  • Robert Walker at Aug 6, 2013 at 1:05 am

    "Евгений Куртов" <me@lessless.pp.ua> wrote in post #1117771:
    Hello! Can't find any related data on the subject: how to receive a file
    via SOAP. If anyone have accomplished such a task I'll be very greatful
    for
    any help and info.
    Thanks.
    SOAP is actually not a great transport layer for large files. SOAP is an
    XML based protocol, which essentially is just a structured text file.

    If you really must use SOAP to transfer large files then you'll need to
    use something like Base64 encoding and embed the file in an XML tag.

    Here's a basic example:
    <soap:Envelope
      xmlns:soap="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"
      <soap:Body>
      <submitClaim>
       <accountNumber>5XJ45-3B2</accountNumber>
       <eventType>accident</eventType>
       <image imageType="jpg" xsi:type="base64binary">
        4f3e9b0...(rest of encoded image)
       </image>
      </submitClaim>
      </soap:Body>
    </soap:Envelope>

    Notice the xsi:type="base64binary". In this example they are encoding
    the JPEG binary data as base64 ASCII text.