Hi,
I have a page on my rails website that should be accessible only via a vpn
connection between my server and another one. Is it possible to check on
controller this ?

thanks

  • Simon Macneall at Jul 21, 2013 at 10:08 pm
    Hi,

    I'd assume that the vpn has a specific IP address? I'd just check for that
    address in the request and if it's not from that address, send it to an
    error/instruction page.

    Simon

    On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 06:03:21 +0800, oto iashvili
    I have a page on my rails website that should be accessible only via a
    vpn
    connection between my server and another one. Is it possible to check on
    controller this ?

    thanks
  • Norbert Melzer at Jul 22, 2013 at 4:22 am
    Why not bind the server only to the VPNs specific address?

    This way you don't need to change source code every time something changes
    in the VPN.
    I'd assume that the vpn has a specific IP address? I'd just check for that
    address in the request and if it's not from that address, send it to an
    error/instruction page.

    Simon

    On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 06:03:21 +0800, oto iashvili <
    I have a page on my rails website that should be accessible only via a vpn
    connection between my server and another one. Is it possible to check on
    controller this ?

    thanks
    .
    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/**
    msgid/rubyonrails-talk/op.**w0leggncrqdk4p%**40administrators-macbook-pro.
    **local<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/op.w0leggncrqdk4p%40administrators-macbook-pro.local>
    .
    .