Hello All,

I want to schedule a mail every day.
I used whenever gem.

I added gem 'whenever' in my gemfile. Then in the terminal I did -
"whenever ." which created a schedule.rb.

In schedule.rd I added this piece of code:-

set :environment, "development"

every 2.minutes do
   runner "UserMailer.some_method"
end

Does it get invoked automatically ?
or do I need to do something to invoke it?

Thanks,
Avi

  • Rubyonrailsx at Jul 9, 2013 at 1:41 pm
    use
    whenever -w
    to write into system crontab ; to check if write successfully try crontab -l
    whenever -c to clear
    --
    rubyonrailsx@gmail.com