Hi everyone,

I have devise 1.5.4 working with rails 3.0.20 and ruby 1.8.7 .

I have extended the destroy action from the RegistrationController, to soft
delete users instead of really deleting them from the database.

def destroy
     # raise resouce.inspect # this is just to see if the test hits the
action
     resource.soft_delete
     set_flash_message :notice, :destroyed
     sign_out resource
     redirect_to new_session_path(resource)
   end

This is working on the browser.

When I try to write a test to the delete action, I get the test as passed
but does not execute the code. Prove of that is I have put a raise on the
action and it did not raise it. I have also tried to test the 'new action'
just to see if it was hitting the right controller on the test and it
worked with:

get :new

This means the mapping it correct for devise and its hitting the right
controller.
But on my test I am doing:

delete :destroy, :profile => active_profile #active_profile is an instance
of a factory

which should be the correct thing but it does not hit my action. I have
tried a lot of different combinations:

post :destroy, :method => :delete
post :destroy
put :destroy

I have also tried to use a debugger on it and I can see it passes the test
without hitting the action.

Can please somebody help me and tell me exactly what's the right call to
this action?

Thanks,

Andre

  • Colin Law at Jul 4, 2013 at 3:33 pm

[...]

    Look in test.log to see what is happening.

    Colin

  • Andreo at Jul 9, 2013 at 1:48 pm
    Colin,

    Thanks very much, I should have done that and understood right away why it
    was not working.

    I forgot I had to login the user and that was the difference between the
    new and create actions to the update and destroy for the
    registrations controller on devise!

    sometimes you just need another person to look at your code or to write it
    down to understand what you doing wrong :)

  • Colin Law at Jul 9, 2013 at 8:36 pm

    Thanks very much, I should have done that and understood right away why it
    was not working.

    I forgot I had to login the user and that was the difference between the new
    and create actions to the update and destroy for the registrations
    controller on devise!

    sometimes you just need another person to look at your code or to write it
    down to understand what you doing wrong :)
    That is true. Glad to be of help.

    Colin