Hi

I want to use Sidekiq to run some jobs in the background. The jobs will be
created by the whenever gem (or similar) which creates a Sidekiq worker at
a specific time. This worker will in turn create a few hundred Sidekiq jobs.

So, I'm using Heroku and wonder if I need to use a separate worker dyno for
these jobs? Or can I use, for example, Unicorn to run Sidekiq "inside" my
one web dyno?
I read something about it here: https://coderwall.com/p/fprnhg
But is it a good idea?

If it is not appropriate do it this way, can I spin up a separate worker
when I need to? Perhaps I will create these jobs once a week. It would be
cool to create a worker -> finish all jobs -> kill worker. Possible?

  • Jordon Bedwell at Jun 30, 2013 at 6:34 pm

    So, I'm using Heroku and wonder if I need to use a separate worker dyno for
    these jobs? Or can I use, for example, Unicorn to run Sidekiq "inside" my
    one web dyno?
    You can, but it's not recommended.
    I read something about it here: https://coderwall.com/p/fprnhg
    But is it a good idea?