I posted a question on SO, but no one answered so far.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17221522/error-cannot-load-pg-gem-on-local-windows-7-ruby-on-rails

I just started to learn ruby on rails. I have pg gem installed. And 'pg'
is in both gemfile.lock and gemfile. However, it keep
getting error, "gem is not loaded, Add gem 'pg' to your Gemfile."

I also have tried follow someone's advice, delete the gemfile.lock and
re-bundle. same error came out.

Please look at the link above for details.

Thanks in advanced.

  • Ivan Wang at Jun 21, 2013 at 2:26 pm
    I posted a question on SO, but no one answered so far.http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17221522/error-cannot-load-pg-gem-on-local-windows-7-ruby-on-rails

    I just started to learn ruby on rails. I have pg gem installed. And 'pg'
    is in both gemfile.lock and gemfile. However, it keep
    getting error, "gem is not loaded, Add gem 'pg' to your Gemfile."

    I also have tried follow someone's advice, delete the gemfile.lock and
    re-bundle. same error came out.

    Please look at the link above for details.

    Thanks in advanced.

  • Colin Law at Jun 21, 2013 at 2:55 pm

    I posted a question on SO, but no one answered so far.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17221522/error-cannot-load-pg-gem-on-local-windows-7-ruby-on-rails

    I just started to learn ruby on rails. I have pg gem installed. And 'pg'
    is in both gemfile.lock and gemfile. However, it keep
    getting error, "gem is not loaded, Add gem 'pg' to your Gemfile."
    Why have you posted this again? The reason there have been no replies
    is probably because so few people use Windows for Rails development,
    so no-one is able to help. If you switch to Linux (Ubuntu for
    example) or Mac then you will have fewer problems in the first place
    and will be much more likely to find help when you do have a problem.

    Colin
    I also have tried follow someone's advice, delete the gemfile.lock and
    re-bundle. same error came out.

    Please look at the link above for details.

    Thanks in advanced.

  • Aguardientico at Jun 22, 2013 at 5:40 pm
    Your gem list shows:

    pg (0.15.1 x64-mingw32)
    But your Gemfile.lock shows

    PLATFORMS
       x86-mingw32
    I think your issue is related to a mixed platform (32bits(x86) vs
    64bits(x64))

    Try to investigate that.