Hi All ,

    I am new to the ruby , i want click the object on element ( any object ,
Ex: Calculator) after click i need Drag and Drop the

    element continuously for some time , please let me know how to do it in
ruby in Mac OS ?

  Thanks ,
  Muthu Selvan SR

  • Walter Lee Davis at Jun 20, 2013 at 2:50 pm

    I am new to the ruby , i want click the object on element ( any object , Ex: Calculator) after click i need Drag and Drop the

    element continuously for some time , please let me know how to do it in ruby in Mac OS ?
    You'll need to use JavaScript for this. Ruby doesn't run in the browser, and drag events aren't sent to the server every. Click events only get sent to the server if they are on a link. With JavaScript, you can attach listener functions to almost any interaction gesture you like. These functions can in turn trigger HTTP requests or other DOM events or behavior.

    Walter

  • Muthu Selvan at Jun 20, 2013 at 4:06 pm

    I am new to the ruby , i want click the object on element ( any
    object , Ex: Calculator) after click i need Drag and Drop the
    element continuously for some time , please let me know how to do it
    in ruby in Mac OS ?

    You'll need to use JavaScript for this. Ruby doesn't run in the browser,
    and drag events aren't sent to the server every. Click events only get sent
    to the server if they are on a link. With JavaScript, you can attach
    listener functions to almost any interaction gesture you like. These
    functions can in turn trigger HTTP requests or other DOM events or
    behavior.

    Walter
  • Muthu Selvan at Jun 20, 2013 at 4:09 pm

    I am new to the ruby , i want click the object on element ( any
    object , Ex: Calculator) after click i need Drag and Drop the
    element continuously for some time , please let me know how to do it
    in ruby in Mac OS ?

    You'll need to use JavaScript for this. Ruby doesn't run in the browser,
    and drag events aren't sent to the server every. Click events only get sent
    to the server if they are on a link. With JavaScript, you can attach
    listener functions to almost any interaction gesture you like. These
    functions can in turn trigger HTTP requests or other DOM events or
    behavior.

    Walter

       Thanks water , I know javascript to some extend ,i want to drag the
    element which is in Mac Desktop , is it possible to send the mouse event
    the objects which is in MAC Desktop ..? if yes please let me procedure for
    this ..?

    Regards.
    Muthu Selvan SR

  • Walter Lee Davis at Jun 20, 2013 at 5:07 pm

    I am new to the ruby , i want click the object on element ( any object , Ex: Calculator) after click i need Drag and Drop the

    element continuously for some time , please let me know how to do it in ruby in Mac OS ?
    You'll need to use JavaScript for this. Ruby doesn't run in the browser, and drag events aren't sent to the server every. Click events only get sent to the server if they are on a link. With JavaScript, you can attach listener functions to almost any interaction gesture you like. These functions can in turn trigger HTTP requests or other DOM events or behavior.

    Walter

    Thanks water , I know javascript to some extend ,i want to drag the element which is in Mac Desktop , is it possible to send the mouse event the objects which is in MAC Desktop ..? if yes please let me procedure for this ..?
    You can drag and drop a desktop element into a browser, and after setting up the appropriate JavaScript in that browser, you can detect the drop on a particular element and do something with that dropped file. Look at the Flickr photo uploader for inspiration there. This is definitely not a Ruby thing at all, it's pure JavaScript / Browser tech.

    Walter
    Regards.
    Muthu Selvan SR

  • Muthu Selvan at Jun 20, 2013 at 6:03 pm

[...]

       Water ,

       Is this is tool or java script .. ? if it script can you please share the
    code / link to me ..?

    Thanks ,
    Muthu Selvan SR

  • Walter Lee Davis at Jun 20, 2013 at 6:32 pm

    Look at the Flickr photo uploader for inspiration there
  • Robert Walker at Jun 20, 2013 at 7:08 pm

    Muthu Selvan wrote in post #1113021:
    You can drag and drop a desktop element into a browser, and after setting
    up the appropriate JavaScript in that browser, you can detect the drop on a
    particular element and do something with that dropped file. Look at the
    Flickr photo uploader for inspiration there. This is definitely not a Ruby
    thing at all, it's pure JavaScript / Browser tech.
    Water ,

    Is this is tool or java script .. ? if it script can you please share
    the
    code / link to me ..?
    Take a look at this tutorial...

    http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/file/dndfiles/

  • Tamara Temple at Jun 22, 2013 at 7:47 pm

    Muthu Selvan wrote:
[...]

    Are you trying to make a Rails web application, or a Mac desktop
    application? If the latter, you have the wrong list. Try the ruby-talk
    list instead.