Hi,

With the coming of Rails 4 and the thread safe default configuration.

How to know if a gem is compatible with the thread safe option?

I guess we could ask to the author but if we read the code, we should see
some indications in the code if a gem is thread safe?

Thanks.

  • Robert Walker at May 12, 2013 at 1:33 am

    Geoffrey Roguelon wrote in post #1108588:
    Hi,

    With the coming of Rails 4 and the thread safe default configuration.

    How to know if a gem is compatible with the thread safe option?

    I guess we could ask to the author but if we read the code, we should
    see
    some indications in the code if a gem is thread safe?
    This may sound like a simple question, but trust me when I say it is not
    that simple!

    You really should take the time to watch the following:

    http://rubyconf2008.confreaks.com/what-all-rubyist-should-know-about-threads.html

  • Geoffrey Roguelon at May 12, 2013 at 7:50 am
    Hi,

    Thank you for your answers, I will watch this video.

    -----
    Geoffrey Roguelon