Hello everyone, I am having an issue with the will_paginate gem, i have
recently added AJAX and JS to refresh the div with paginate without
refreshing the page.
I followed online examples and successfully got it working, however the
"previous" button and the first page are not shown as links, and can not
be clicked.
All other pages are in working order, and refreshes fine except the
first.

Controller:

def index
@tickets = Ticket.where('archived = ?', "False").where('closed = ?',
"False").order(sort_column + " " + sort_direction).paginate(:page =>
params[:page] || 1, :per_page => 12)

respond_to do |format|
format.html # index.html.erb
format.json { render json: @tickets }
format.js
end

end

<%= render :partial => 'customerList' %>

<%= will_paginate @tickets, :previous_label => "&larr; Previous",
:next_label => "Next &rarr;" %>

<script>
$(document).ready(function() {
$('.paginate a').attr('data-remote', 'true');
});</script>

Index.js.erb:

$('#list').html('<%=escape_javascript render :partial => "customerList"
%>');
$('.paginate a').attr('data-remote', 'true');

If anyone could shine some light on why this issue is occuring, I'd
really appreciate it.
Thanks!

  • Gintautas Šimkus at Mar 28, 2013 at 3:27 pm
    Could you provide rendered HTML for the Previous button? My idea would be
    it is disabled somehow and you got to alter that part of HTML too with your
    code in index.js.erb; i.e. it is rendered as non-link for the first
    (default) rendering of the pagination, and that element has no idea you're
    already "at page 2". Better yet provide what the HTML of Prev looks like
    when you are at page number 1, and page number 2 (without Ajax
    functionality). That should give you and me insight in what has to change
    for that Prev link to become active.

[...]

  • BalaRaju Vankala at Mar 28, 2013 at 3:42 pm
    I think its better to add

    <%= will_paginate @tickets, :previous_label => "&larr; Previous",
    :next_label => "Next &rarr;" %>

    in the partial file (customerList). I hope it may be useful

[...]

    Thank You.

    Best Wishes,

    BalaRaju Vankala,
    8886565300.

  • Colton Pl at Mar 28, 2013 at 3:37 pm
    Page Source - With Ajax Functioning

    class="next_page" rel="next" href="/tickets?page=2">Next
    &#8594;</a></div>

    It does appear that the previous button is disabled on page load, and
    the first page is not a link.

    After changing the page number, :

    Page Source - Page 2 - With Ajax

    class="next_page" rel="next" href="/tickets?page=2">Next
    &#8594;</a></div>

    The first page link still shows the "current" class, the "Next" button
    stays linked to page #2, and the previous is disabled.

    (Without Ajax, the will_paginate was fully functional, including the
    "Previous and Next" buttons)

  • Colton Pl at Mar 28, 2013 at 3:47 pm
    I'm not 100% why, but that worked perfectly. Thanks so much!