Hello everyone,

I am trying zip files.

save_path_file = "/home/name/dest/zip/test.zip"
Zip::ZipFile.open(save_path_file, Zip::ZipFile::CREATE) { |zipfile|
zipfile.add('test', "/home/my/file/destination/test.pdf")
}

I want to Zip folder. Problem is If folder contain only one pdf, it just
zipping file. while i extract the zipped file its not coming with folder
while zipping folder contain one file.

How can i achive folder zipping even one files.

Please help

Thank You!

  • Colin Law at Feb 6, 2013 at 9:15 am

    save_path_file = "/home/name/dest/zip/test.zip"
    Zip::ZipFile.open(save_path_file, Zip::ZipFile::CREATE) { |zipfile|
    zipfile.add('test', "/home/my/file/destination/test.pdf")
    }

    I want to Zip folder. Problem is If folder contain only one pdf, it just
    zipping file. while i extract the zipped file its not coming with folder
    while zipping folder contain one file.

    How can i achive folder zipping even one files.
    Did you try the docs at http://rubyzip.sourceforge.net/classes/Zip/ZipFile.html?
    I have not used it but it looks as if the answer should be there.
    Also googling for
    zip::zipfile::create add folder
    shows lots of good looking hits

    Colin

    Please help

    Thank You!

  • Saravanan P at Feb 6, 2013 at 9:24 am
    Hi Colin,

    I solved that. Just I make a directory and add files into that.
    *
    *
    *here my code:*

    save_path_file = "/home/name/dest/zip/test.zip"
    folder_path = "/path/to_/folder_name"
    Zip::ZipFile.open(save_path_file, Zip::ZipFile::CREATE) { |zipfile|
    zipfile.mkdir("folder_name") unless File.exists?("#{folder_path}")
[...]

    Regards by
    Saravanan.P