Guys i m new to Ruby on rails ,
Task - i m trying to consume a webservice in ruby on rails and this web
service is made in asp.net .

my controller code is through which i m trying to consume webservice is
-

class WebserviceController < ApplicationController

def getMsg

hello_client = ActionWebService::Client::Soap.new(HelloWorld,
"http://localhost:50739/WebService/RubyConsumeIt.asmx/HelloWorld")

@service_output= hello_client.getMsg(params[:name])

end

end

and this is my controller view -

<head>
<title>Hello Web Service</title>
</head>
<h1>Hello Web Service </h1>

<%= @service_output %>

and i m getting an error -

uninitialized constant ActionWebService

please help , if there is any sample code to consume asp.net webservice
in
ruby on rails . it will be much appreciated.

  • Matt Jones at Jan 21, 2013 at 2:58 pm