I am building a Task Management System and have implemented
fullcalendar.js in it. I need to get the pending tasks and change the
color of those pending tasks. I am getting the instance variable of
pending tasks details in the rails controller. But in the ajax request I
am not able to loop it.

Please find my code below.

$('.task_name').live('click', function () {
alert(this.id);
$.ajax({
url: 'pending_task_details',
data: {
task_id: this.id
},
success: function (data, response, event, date) { <%
for date_cell in
@pending_tasks.start_date..@pending_tasks.end_date %>
getCellFromDate(date_cell, calInstance); <% end %>
}
});
});

The above is the logic I need to implement. But I am not getting
@pending_tasks.start_date in the view.

In the console I am getting the tasks details
#<Task id: 4, project_id: 4, task_name: \"Task4\", task_type: nil,
user_id: 2, description: \"Description4\", pm_id: nil, created_at:
\"2012-11-01 09:42:37\", updated_at: \"2012-11-01 09:42:37\",
percent_completed: \"12\", status: \"completed\", due_date: nil,
start_date: \"2012-11-01\", end_date: \"2012-11-08\", priority: \"low\",
days_left: nil>

In the tasks controller I am getting the pending tasks as.

def pending_task_details
@pending_tasks = Task.find_by_id(params[:task_id])
p "The pending tasks are......",@pending_tasks.inspect
#(Date.parse(@pending_tasks.start_date.to_s)..Date.parse(@pending_tasks.end_date.to_s)).each
{ |date| render :json=>[date.strftime('%a %d %b %Y')] and return}
render :json=>@pending_tasks
end

  • Jim Ruther Nill at Dec 5, 2012 at 1:10 pm

[...]

    you simply can't do this. try

    $.ajax({
    url: 'pending_task_details',
    data: { task_id: this.id },
    dataType: 'json',
    success: function(data) {
    // do something USING javascript with data here. don't use ruby
    data.map(function(d) {
    return d.dates.each(function(date) { return
    getCellFromDate(data[0].date, calInstance) });
    });
    }
    })

    something like this. i'm pretty sure this still has some errors but you
    should be able to work with that.
    just remember to add a dates key with the range of date when you render
    json.

[...]

  • Dan Brooking at Dec 5, 2012 at 2:10 pm
    Hey guys… beginner question here so hopefully it's an easy and quick answer.

    Is it possible to create associations via scaffolding? Say I have an Artists model and a Song model and I want song to have an artist_id. Can I create that via the scaffold command? Or would I scaffold like normal for both Artist an Song and the add in the column and index for artist_id to Song?

    Thanks
    Dan

  • Dan Brooking at Dec 5, 2012 at 3:13 pm