Rails 3.2 : running each individual functional test
rake test TEST=test/functional/users/unlocks_controller_test.rb (
or ruby -Itest test/functional/users/unlocks_controller_test.rb )
doesn't fail ...
BUT
running the all bunch
rake test:functionals
is failing with a lot of routing errors...
...ActionController::RoutingError: No route matches..

I guess a parameter is missing somewhere in test_helper but which one ?
thanks for feedback

  • Erwin at Nov 27, 2012 at 10:18 am

    forgot to mention that :
    rake test:units
    rake test:integration
    are running fine ...
    so it's a routing issue using rake test:functionals

    Rails 3.2 : running each individual functional test
    rake test TEST=test/functional/users/unlocks_controller_test.rb (
    or ruby -Itest test/functional/users/unlocks_controller_test.rb )
    doesn't fail ...
    BUT
    running the all bunch
    rake test:functionals
    is failing with a lot of routing errors...
    ...ActionController::RoutingError: No route matches..

    I guess a parameter is missing somewhere in test_helper but which one ?
    thanks for feedback
  • Erwin at Nov 27, 2012 at 10:26 am
    [SOLVED] my fault !

    in order to test some ApplicationController method, I created a dummy
    TestController .. but I badly inserted the routing inside the test file
    .... so upon running it ( when running the all bunch) the application
    routing map was modified ...
    this is why individual runs were OK not the full bunch...

    require 'test_helper'

    class TestController < ApplicationController
    def index
    render :nothing => true
    end
    end

    class AppControllerTest < ActionController::TestCase
    include Devise::TestHelpers
    include ApplicationHelper

    MyApp::Application.routes.draw do
    controller :test do