Hi ,
I am facing one problem , when i require //= require jquery_ujs in app.js
than i am getting error in console.

Q1. What is use jquery_ujs.js ?We have already included jquery.js than
why we need jquery_ujs.js ?

########application.js####################
//= require jquery
//= require jquery-ui
//= require jquery_ujs
//= require_tree .

getting error in firebug console shown below:-

Error: jquery-ujs has already been loaded!

throw new Error( msg );

Q2. I am using jquery autocomplete and i getting error
TypeError: $(...).autocomplete is not a function


$('#query').autocomplete();


Q3 When i include <%= javascript_include_tag :defaults %> i am getting
error below one

"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://localhost:3000/assets/defaults.js"


Thanks


Fahim Babar Patel



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/YwNCZ9-oKgsJ.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Search Discussions

  • Jim Ruther Nill at Nov 26, 2012 at 11:53 pm
    Sent from my iPhone
    On 26/11/2012, at 11:58 PM, Fahim Patel wrote:

    Hi ,
    I am facing one problem , when i require //= require jquery_ujs in app.js than i am getting error in console.

    Q1. What is use jquery_ujs.js ?We have already included jquery.js than why we need jquery_ujs.js ?
    It is needed so that links that have remote: true and is not a get request will include the authenticity token when you click it. Search for jquery_ujs
    ########application.js####################
    //= require jquery
    //= require jquery-ui
    //= require jquery_ujs
    //= require_tree .
    What gem provides jquery-ui? It may already be loading ujs. You can look at this gem of you want to use jquery ui
    https://github.com/joliss/jquery-ui-rails
    getting error in firebug console shown below:-
    Error: jquery-ujs has already been loaded!

    throw new Error( msg );

    Q2. I am using jquery autocomplete and i getting error
    TypeError: $(...).autocomplete is not a function
    If you're having the error above, other js wont probably run.

    $('#query').autocomplete();




    Q3 When i include <%= javascript_include_tag :defaults %> i am getting error below one
    "NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://localhost:3000/assets/defaults.js"
    Replace :defaults with 'application'
    Thanks

    Fahim Babar Patel


    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
    To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/YwNCZ9-oKgsJ.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
    To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Fahim Patel at Nov 27, 2012 at 4:56 am

    On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:23:48 AM UTC+5:30, jim wrote:


    Sent from my iPhone

    On 26/11/2012, at 11:58 PM, Fahim Patel <paf...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
    wrote:

    Hi ,
    I am facing one problem , when i require //= require jquery_ujs in app.js
    than i am getting error in console.

    Q1. What is use jquery_ujs.js ?We have already included jquery.js than
    why we need jquery_ujs.js ?


    It is needed so that links that have remote: true and is not a get request
    will include the authenticity token when you click it. Search for jquery_ujs


    ########application.js####################
    //= require jquery
    //= require jquery-ui
    //= require jquery_ujs
    //= require_tree .


    What gem provides jquery-ui? It may already be loading ujs. You can look
    at this gem of you want to use jquery ui
    https://github.com/joliss/jquery-ui-rails
    In dummy project i do //= require jquery_ujs in app.js and there is no
    error message shown.

    getting error in firebug console shown below:-

    Error: jquery-ujs has already been loaded!

    throw new Error( msg );

    Q2. I am using jquery autocomplete and i getting error
    TypeError: $(...).autocomplete is not a function

    If you're having the error above, other js wont probably run.


    $('#query').autocomplete();




    Q3 When i include <%= javascript_include_tag :defaults %> i am getting
    error below one

    "NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://localhost:3000/assets/defaults.js"


    Replace :defaults with 'application'
    I include <%= javascript_include_tag :defaults %> in one of dummy project
    and there is no error is showing in console.

    Did i am missing any thing which create problem in javascript files?
    Thanks


    Fahim Babar Patel



    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
    "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
    To post to this group, send email to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com<javascript:>
    .
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
    rubyonrails-ta...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
    To view this discussion on the web visit
    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/YwNCZ9-oKgsJ.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
    To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/6SDefAelKkgJ.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Jim Ruther Nill at Nov 27, 2012 at 5:38 am
    On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Fahim Patel wrote:
    On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:23:48 AM UTC+5:30, jim wrote:



    Sent from my iPhone

    On 26/11/2012, at 11:58 PM, Fahim Patel wrote:

    Hi ,
    I am facing one problem , when i require //= require jquery_ujs in app.js
    than i am getting error in console.

    Q1. What is use jquery_ujs.js ?We have already included jquery.js than
    why we need jquery_ujs.js ?


    It is needed so that links that have remote: true and is not a get
    request will include the authenticity token when you click it. Search for
    jquery_ujs


    ########application.js########**############
    //= require jquery
    //= require jquery-ui
    //= require jquery_ujs
    //= require_tree .


    What gem provides jquery-ui? It may already be loading ujs. You can look
    at this gem of you want to use jquery ui
    https://github.com/joliss/**jquery-ui-rails<https://github.com/joliss/jquery-ui-rails>
    In dummy project i do //= require jquery_ujs in app.js and there is no
    error message shown.
    In this case, I'm not sure what's wrong. when you say app.js, do you mean
    application.js? Or do
    you have another js file by the name of app.js?

    getting error in firebug console shown below:-

    Error: jquery-ujs has already been loaded!

    throw new Error( msg );

    Q2. I am using jquery autocomplete and i getting error
    TypeError: $(...).autocomplete is not a function

    If you're having the error above, other js wont probably run.


    $('#query').autocomplete();




    Q3 When i include <%= javascript_include_tag :defaults %> i am getting
    error below one

    "NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://localhost:3000/assets/**defaults.js <http://localhost:3000/assets/defaults.js>"


    Replace :defaults with 'application'
    I include <%= javascript_include_tag :defaults %> in one of dummy project
    and there is no error is showing in console.

    Did i am missing any thing which create problem in javascript files?
    I'm also not sure about this one. Newly generated projects dont use the
    :default directive (do you call it a directive?).
    They use 'application' which is the reason why I told you to change it to
    'application' because it is trying to load default.js
    Thanks

    Fahim Babar Patel



    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
    "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
    To post to this group, send email to rubyonra...@googlegroups.**com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-ta...@**
    googlegroups.com.

    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/**
    msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/YwNCZ9-**oKgsJ<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/YwNCZ9-oKgsJ>
    .
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/**groups/opt_out<https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out>
    .



    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
    "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
    To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
    rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    To view this discussion on the web visit
    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/6SDefAelKkgJ.

    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.



    --
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    visit my blog at http://jimlabs.heroku.com

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
    To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Fahim Patel at Nov 27, 2012 at 8:17 am

    On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 11:09:11 AM UTC+5:30, jim wrote:



    On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Fahim Patel <paf...@gmail.com<javascript:>
    wrote:
    On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:23:48 AM UTC+5:30, jim wrote:



    Sent from my iPhone

    On 26/11/2012, at 11:58 PM, Fahim Patel wrote:

    Hi ,
    I am facing one problem , when i require //= require jquery_ujs in
    app.js than i am getting error in console.

    Q1. What is use jquery_ujs.js ?We have already included jquery.js than
    why we need jquery_ujs.js ?


    It is needed so that links that have remote: true and is not a get
    request will include the authenticity token when you click it. Search for
    jquery_ujs


    ########application.js########**############
    //= require jquery
    //= require jquery-ui
    //= require jquery_ujs
    //= require_tree .


    What gem provides jquery-ui? It may already be loading ujs. You can
    look at this gem of you want to use jquery ui
    https://github.com/joliss/**jquery-ui-rails<https://github.com/joliss/jquery-ui-rails>
    In dummy project i do //= require jquery_ujs in app.js and there is no
    error message shown.
    In this case, I'm not sure what's wrong. when you say app.js, do you mean
    application.js? Or do
    you have another js file by the name of app.js?
    Its application.js .
    getting error in firebug console shown below:-

    Error: jquery-ujs has already been loaded!

    throw new Error( msg );

    Q2. I am using jquery autocomplete and i getting error
    TypeError: $(...).autocomplete is not a function

    If you're having the error above, other js wont probably run.


    $('#query').autocomplete();




    Q3 When i include <%= javascript_include_tag :defaults %> i am getting
    error below one

    "NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://localhost:3000/assets/**defaults.js <http://localhost:3000/assets/defaults.js>"


    Replace :defaults with 'application'
    I include <%= javascript_include_tag :defaults %> in one of dummy
    project and there is no error is showing in console.

    Did i am missing any thing which create problem in javascript files?
    I'm also not sure about this one. Newly generated projects dont use the
    :default directive (do you call it a directive?).
    They use 'application' which is the reason why I told you to change it to
    'application' because it is trying to load default.js
    yes , i include :default from my side for testing it whether it give error
    in console or not ?
    And there is no error in dummy project.

    But when i include in my previous app it give same error

    NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://localhost:3000/assets/**defaults.js <http://localhost:3000/assets/defaults.js>"


    Thanks

    Fahim Babar Patel



    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
    Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
    To post to this group, send email to rubyonra...@googlegroups.**com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-ta...@**
    googlegroups.com.

    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/**
    msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/YwNCZ9-**oKgsJ<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/YwNCZ9-oKgsJ>
    .
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/**groups/opt_out<https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out>
    .



    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
    "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
    To post to this group, send email to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com<javascript:>
    .
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
    rubyonrails-ta...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
    To view this discussion on the web visit
    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/6SDefAelKkgJ.

    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.



    --
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    visit my blog at http://jimlabs.heroku.com
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
    To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/WB_U96FJLKgJ.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Fahim Patel at Nov 27, 2012 at 11:38 am

    On Monday, November 26, 2012 9:28:23 PM UTC+5:30, Fahim Patel wrote:
    Hi ,
    I am facing one problem , when i require //= require jquery_ujs in app.js
    than i am getting error in console.

    Q1. What is use jquery_ujs.js ?We have already included jquery.js than
    why we need jquery_ujs.js ?

    ########application.js####################
    //= require jquery
    //= require jquery-ui
    //= require jquery_ujs
    //= require_tree .

    getting error in firebug console shown below:-

    Error: jquery-ujs has already been loaded!

    throw new Error( msg );

    Q2. I am using jquery autocomplete and i getting error
    TypeError: $(...).autocomplete is not a function


    $('#query').autocomplete();


    Q3 When i include <%= javascript_include_tag :defaults %> i am getting
    error below one

    "NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://localhost:3000/assets/defaults.js"


    Thanks


    Fahim Babar Patel


    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
    To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/7NNQCyB79V8J.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
grouprubyonrails-talk @
categoriesrubyonrails
postedNov 26, '12 at 3:58p
activeNov 27, '12 at 11:38a
posts6
users2
websiterubyonrails.org
irc#RubyOnRails

2 users in discussion

Fahim Patel: 4 posts Jim Ruther Nill: 2 posts

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2021 Grokbase