Add render_views

https://www.relishapp.com/rspec/rspec-rails/v/2-12/docs/controller-specs/render-views

Dheeraj Kumar

On Monday 26 November 2012 at 6:15 PM, Mauro wrote:

The test:

test "should get new" do
get :new, :room_id => @room.name (http://room.name)
assert_template(:ne)
end

the template new does not exists but the test does not get failure.
Why?

  • Mauro at Nov 26, 2012 at 12:52 pm
    The test:

    test "should get new" do
    get :new, :room_id => @room.name
    assert_template(:ne)
    end

    the template new does not exists but the test does not get failure.
    Why?

  • Colin Law at Nov 26, 2012 at 2:44 pm

    On 26 November 2012 12:45, Mauro wrote:
    The test:

    test "should get new" do
    get :new, :room_id => @room.name
    assert_template(:ne)
    end

    the template new does not exists but the test does not get failure.
    Why?
    You have assert_template(:ne), not (:new) so it is looking for the
    tempate ne. If that is just a typo in the posting here then please
    copy/paste the actual test. Often such problems are due to typos in
    the original code and by re-typing in the post the typo is removed (or
    different).

    Are you sure it is running the test? What happens if you add
    assert(false) after the assert_template? Also what happens if you
    perform the 'new' action from a browser?

    Colin

  • Mauro at Nov 26, 2012 at 10:12 pm

    the template new does not exists but the test does not get failure.
    Why?
    You have assert_template(:ne), not (:new) so it is looking for the
    tempate ne. If that is just a typo in the posting here then please
    copy/paste the actual test. Often such problems are due to typos in
    the original code and by re-typing in the post the typo is removed (or
    different).

    Are you sure it is running the test? What happens if you add
    assert(false) after the assert_template? Also what happens if you
    perform the 'new' action from a browser?
    It was a typo.
    The test is:

    test "should get new" do
    get :new, :room_id => @room.name
    assert_template(:ne)
    end

    I'm sure template ne does not exist but I have no failures.
    If I add assert(false) then I have the failure.
    I don't undestand.

  • Colin Law at Nov 26, 2012 at 10:24 pm

[...]

    You did not answer my other question, what happens if you get that
    action in the browser?

    Colin

  • Colin Law at Nov 26, 2012 at 10:28 pm

[...]

    I wonder if it is this bug
    https://github.com/rails/rails/issues/3849
    If you use something like assert_template "something_that
    _it_should_not_be" does it fail?

    Colin

    Colin
    Colin
  • Mauro at Nov 27, 2012 at 7:57 am

[...]

    If I do http://localhost:3000/rooms/stanza-1/reservations/ne

    Couldn't find Reservation with id=ne

    If in the test I do
    assert_template 'ne' or assert_template "ne" nothing change, I still
    have no failure.
    But the strange thing is:
    assert_template "nene" or assert_template :nene, then I have a failure.
    Really don't understand.

  • Colin Law at Nov 27, 2012 at 8:36 am

[...]

    Did you look at the bug I suggested, it looks like that is it.