mission to help people adapt to climate change. We make sense of huge
amounts of complicated data and run simulations <http://goo.gl/9Fv0J> to
determine the risk of adverse weather, which influences 25% of GDP.
We are looking for a Web Application Developer who are passionate about
innovation and share the value in our mission. You can read more about the
position below. If you are interested, either email your resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply online at climate.com/company/careers. *
*What you will do:*
- You won’t be bored working with just ActiveRecord. You’ll get to learn
something new, like: EventMachine, Goliath, etc.
- You will learn to break up a large monolithic legacy Rails application
into small, testable, and well-designed functional units
- You will employ test-driven and behavior-driven development
- You will be working in a service-oriented architectures and learn how
to create/use service APIs
- Participate in daily stand-ups, sprint planners, reviews,
retrospectives, and the occasional ping-pong game
*What you bring to the table:*
- Experience building transactional systems with Rails, Ruby, MySQL
- Experience with deployment in distributed environments and are
familiar with the associated challenges
- Intuitively understand web technologies and web application
- Familiar with RSpec, Cucumber
- Are creative, self-motivated and able to prioritize & get things done
- Have contributed to an open source effort
- Write elegant, maintainable and easy-to-follow code
- BS, MS or equivalent in Computer Science or related technical field
- At least one year of experience developing web apps in Ruby, Python,
Java or Clojure
- Team player who feels at home in an open and flat-structured
environment, and takes pride in a job well done
*What We Offer:*
Our team is composed of some of the most brilliant interdisciplinary minds
in the industry. Climatology Specialists, Big Data Engineers,
Mathematicians, Front end Application Engineers and more work together to
create the most forward thinking technology in the industry. The
environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of
specialties coming together to provide the best product possible product
and experience for our customers. As Mark Twain said, “A great deal has
been said about the weather, but very little has been done about it.” Our
goal is to change that.
- Competitive salary, excellent benefits, and some of the best perks in
the industry, including:
- Generous stock options. Our success is your success.
- Catered lunch 5 days a week from a varied array of San Francisco
- Endless snacks and company-paid dinner
- “3-On 1-Off” Sprints. That means that 25% of your time is spent
working on your own innovations for the company.
- Company sponsored outings, including go-kart races, kayaking, holiday
yacht parties, and sporting events, etc.
- An always-stocked kegerator
- Energetic idea-driven work environment with an exciting culture
- Exciting world-changing opportunity - we are solving problems that
have a massive impact on the world
- A driven, talented team that aims to make a large-scale impact through
an innovative technology platform
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/RYkVootueZwJ.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.