I am new to PHP programming and came across Ruby on Rails. I want to move
towards an actual job in programming and wonder if I need to learn Ruby on
Rails?

  • Sam Pizzey at Nov 11, 2012 at 11:52 am
    *Need* to? No.
    Is there work around in RoR? Plenty. Same could be said for PHP, though.
    I am new to PHP programming and came across Ruby on Rails. I want to move
    towards an actual job in programming and wonder if I need to learn Ruby on
    Rails?

  • Иван Бишевац at Nov 11, 2012 at 11:52 am
    http://guides.rubyonrails.org/ is nice starting point. Also I suggest
    online courses for example, SaaS course part 1:
    https://www.edx.org/courses/BerkeleyX/CS169.1x/2012_Fall/about and SaaS
    course part 2:
    https://www.edx.org/courses/BerkeleyX/CS169.2x/2012_Fall/about. They are
    great way to dive into Ruby and SaaS egneneering.