Hi,

I'm using rails 3.2 with ckeditor_rails gem.

Followed instructions on github.com/tsechingho/ckeditor-rails...
Added //= require ckeditor-jquery to
app/assets/stylesheets/application.js

Now I get a "couldn't find file 'ckeditor-jquery'" error and sure
enough, it doesn't exist. I thought it should be in
vendor/assets/javascripts/ckeditor-jquery.js Anyone have experience
with this or know where I can get the ckeditor-jquery.js file, and if I
have to copy it into the vendor/assets/javascripts/ directory?

Thanks,
DC

  • Colin Law at Oct 9, 2012 at 7:56 pm

    I'm using rails 3.2 with ckeditor_rails gem.

    Followed instructions on github.com/tsechingho/ckeditor-rails...
    That link does not work, for me at least.

    Colin
    Added //= require ckeditor-jquery to
    app/assets/stylesheets/application.js

    Now I get a "couldn't find file 'ckeditor-jquery'" error and sure
    enough, it doesn't exist. I thought it should be in
    vendor/assets/javascripts/ckeditor-jquery.js Anyone have experience
    with this or know where I can get the ckeditor-jquery.js file, and if I
    have to copy it into the vendor/assets/javascripts/ directory?

    Thanks,
    DC

  • Dave Castellano at Oct 9, 2012 at 11:42 pm

    Colin Law wrote in post #1079128:
    I'm using rails 3.2 with ckeditor_rails gem.

    Followed instructions on github.com/tsechingho/ckeditor-rails...
    That link does not work, for me at least.

    Colin
    Sorry, try this...

    https://github.com/tsechingho/ckeditor-rails.git

  • Colin Law at Oct 10, 2012 at 7:34 am

    I'm using rails 3.2 with ckeditor_rails gem.

    Followed instructions on github.com/tsechingho/ckeditor-rails...
    That link does not work, for me at least.

    Colin
    Sorry, try this...

    https://github.com/tsechingho/ckeditor-rails.git
    Did you remember to run bundle install? If so and it did not show
    errors then post Gemfile and the output from bundle install.

    Colin

  • Dave Castellano at Oct 10, 2012 at 12:22 pm
    Gemfile:
    source 'https://rubygems.org'

    gem 'rails', '3.2.3'
    gem 'bootstrap-sass', '2.0.0'
    gem 'bcrypt-ruby', '3.0.1'
    gem 'faker', '1.0.1'
    gem 'will_paginate', '3.0.3'
    gem 'bootstrap-will_paginate', '0.0.5'
    gem 'ckeditor_rails', :require => 'ckeditor-rails'
    gem "paperclip"
    gem "thin"

    # Bundle edge Rails instead:
    # gem 'rails', :git => 'git://github.com/rails/rails.git'

    gem 'pg', '0.12.2'

    group :development, :test do
    gem 'rspec-rails', '2.8.1'
    gem 'guard-rspec', '0.5.5'
    gem 'annotate', '~> 2.4.1.beta'
    end

    # Gems used only for assets and not required
    # in production environments by default.
    group :assets do
    gem 'sass-rails', '~> 3.2.3'
    gem 'coffee-rails', '~> 3.2.1'

    # See https://github.com/sstephenson/execjs#readme for more supported
    runtimes
    # gem 'therubyracer'

    gem 'uglifier', '>= 1.0.3'
    end

    gem 'jquery-rails'

    group :test do
    gem 'turn', '0.8.2', :require => false
    gem 'rspec-rails', '2.8.1'
    gem 'capybara', '1.1.2'
    gem 'rb-fsevent', '0.4.3.1', :require => false
    gem 'growl', '1.0.3'
    gem 'factory_girl_rails', '1.4.0'
    gem 'cucumber-rails', '1.2.1'
    gem 'database_cleaner', '0.7.0'
    end

    # To use ActiveModel has_secure_password
    # gem 'bcrypt-ruby', '~> 3.0.0'

    # To use Jbuilder templates for JSON
    # gem 'jbuilder'

    # Use unicorn as the web server
    # gem 'unicorn'

    # Deploy with Capistrano
    # gem 'capistrano'

    # To use debugger
    # gem 'ruby-debug19', :require => 'ruby-debug'

    $ bundle install
    Using rake (0.9.2.2)
    Using i18n (0.6.1)
    Using multi_json (1.3.6)
    Using activesupport (3.2.3)
    Using builder (3.0.3)
    Using activemodel (3.2.3)
    Using erubis (2.7.0)
    Using journey (1.0.4)
    Using rack (1.4.1)
    Using rack-cache (1.2)
    Using rack-test (0.6.2)
    Using hike (1.2.1)
    Using tilt (1.3.3)
    Using sprockets (2.1.3)
    Using actionpack (3.2.3)
    Using mime-types (1.19)
    Using polyglot (0.3.3)
    Using treetop (1.4.11)
    Using mail (2.4.4)
    Using actionmailer (3.2.3)
    Using arel (3.0.2)
    Using tzinfo (0.3.33)
    Using activerecord (3.2.3)
    Using activeresource (3.2.3)
    Using addressable (2.3.2)
    Using annotate (2.4.1.beta1)
    Using ansi (1.4.3)
    Using bcrypt-ruby (3.0.1)
    Using bootstrap-sass (2.0.0)
    Using will_paginate (3.0.3)
    Using bootstrap-will_paginate (0.0.5)
    Using nokogiri (1.5.5)
    Using ffi (1.1.5)
    Using childprocess (0.3.5)
    Using libwebsocket (0.1.5)
    Using rubyzip (0.9.9)
    Using selenium-webdriver (2.25.0)
    Using xpath (0.1.4)
    Using capybara (1.1.2)
    Using rack-ssl (1.3.2)
    Using json (1.7.5)
    Using rdoc (3.12)
    Using thor (0.14.6)
    Using railties (3.2.3)
    Using ckeditor_rails (3.6.4.1)
    Using cocaine (0.4.0)
    Using coffee-script-source (1.3.3)
    Using execjs (1.4.0)
    Using coffee-script (2.2.0)
    Using coffee-rails (3.2.2)
    Using diff-lcs (1.1.3)
    Using gherkin (2.11.4)
    Using cucumber (1.2.1)
    Using cucumber-rails (1.2.1)
    Using daemons (1.1.9)
    Using database_cleaner (0.7.0)
    Using eventmachine (1.0.0)
    Using factory_girl (2.3.2)
    Using factory_girl_rails (1.4.0)
    Using faker (1.0.1)
    Using growl (1.0.3)
    Using listen (0.5.3)
    Using guard (1.4.0)
    Using guard-rspec (0.5.5)
    Using jquery-rails (2.1.3)
    Using paperclip (3.3.0)
    Using pg (0.12.2)
    Using bundler (1.2.1)
    Using rails (3.2.3)
    Using rb-fsevent (0.4.3.1)
    Using rspec-core (2.8.0)
    Using rspec-expectations (2.8.0)
    Using rspec-mocks (2.8.0)
    Using rspec (2.8.0)
    Using rspec-rails (2.8.1)
    Using sass (3.2.1)
    Using sass-rails (3.2.5)
    Using thin (1.5.0)
    Using turn (0.8.2)
    Using uglifier (1.3.0)
    Your bundle is complete! Use `bundle show [gemname]` to see where a
    bundled gem is installed.

  • Dave Castellano at Oct 10, 2012 at 12:44 pm
    Just restarted the server and got the following error:

    => Booting Thin
    => Rails 3.2.3 application starting in development on
    http://0.0.0.0:3000
    => Call with -d to detach
    => Ctrl-C to shutdown server
    Exiting
    /Users/dcastellano1/Rails/studyaide0/config/initializers/ckeditor.rb:3:in
    `<top (required)>': undefined method `setup' for Ckeditor:Module
    (NoMethodError)

    Here is the file:

    # Use this hook to configure ckeditor
    if Object.const_defined?("Ckeditor")
    Ckeditor.setup do |config|
    # ==> ORM configuration
    # Load and configure the ORM. Supports :active_record (default),
    :mongo_mapper and
    # :mongoid (bson_ext recommended) by default. Other ORMs may be
    # available as additional gems.
    require "ckeditor/orm/active_record"

    # Allowed image file types for upload.
    # Set to nil or [] (empty array) for all file types
    # config.image_file_types = ["jpg", "jpeg", "png", "gif", "tiff"]

    # Allowed attachment file types for upload.
    # Set to nil or [] (empty array) for all file types
    # config.attachment_file_types = ["doc", "docx", "xls", "odt",
    "ods", "pdf", "rar", "zip", "tar", "swf"]
    end
    end

  • Dave Castellano at Oct 10, 2012 at 6:44 pm
    Got it! Accidentally had not removed files from old ckeditor gem!

    Thanks and sorry for posting stupid mistake...