How to empty DB in heroku<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4820549/how-to-empty-db-in-heroku>

I have a Postgres database on Heroku. It is one of the free beta ones.
Locally, when testing, I often run rake db:drop && rake db:create && rake
db:migrate as a way to reset the database.
However, when I try to run this on Heroku, I get the error:\[code\]Couldn't
drop mydatabaseid :
#<PG::Error: FATAL: permission denied for database "postgres" DETAIL: User
does not have CONNECT privilege.
\[/code\]Uh, ok, so how am I supposed to completely reset my database,
migrations and everything?

  • Colin Law at Oct 6, 2012 at 6:43 am

    I have a Postgres database on Heroku. It is one of the free beta ones.
    Locally, when testing, I often run rake db:drop && rake db:create && rake
    db:migrate as a way to reset the database.
    However, when I try to run this on Heroku, I get the error:\[code\]Couldn't
    drop mydatabaseid :
    #<PG::Error: FATAL: permission denied for database "postgres" DETAIL: User
    does not have CONNECT privilege.
    \[/code\]Uh, ok, so how am I supposed to completely reset my database,
    migrations and everything?
    Googe found this as the second hit
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8162420/running-rake-dbdrop-dbcreate-dbmigrate-on-heroku-cedar-stack

    I don't know what pg:reset does on heroku so this may not be relevant
    but generally it is better to use rake:schema:load rather than create
    followed by running all the migrations.

    Colin

  • Raj Kiran Bhogaraju at Nov 7, 2013 at 2:03 pm
    Please follow:

    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4820549/how-to-empty-db-in-heroku