Is a decorator, like Draper, a good place to store the controller and
routes associated with a given model?

I would like to be able to pass one or several model objects to a generic
view, and have the view automatically generate links to the actions
associated with the objects. Like this:

link_to object.public_send(attribute),
{ :controller => object.controller_path,
:action => :show,
:id => object.id }

Thank you for any suggestions of what would be a common practice.

I have also posted this question on
SO: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12713784.

  • Alexey at Oct 8, 2012 at 8:38 am
    I will answer myself: i think a decorator is not a good place to store an
    associated controller, a decorator should only know about model data and
    HTML markup. I am still looking for a good solution.

  • Matt Jones at Oct 8, 2012 at 5:59 pm

    I will answer myself: i think a decorator is not a good place to store an
    associated controller, a decorator should only know about model data and
    HTML markup. I am still looking for a good solution.

    In your example, the controller path seems *highly* relevant to generating
    HTML markup...

    --Matt Jones

  • Alexey at Oct 12, 2012 at 7:32 am