Does anyone have an example of how to connect to a database and execute
a simple query using Ruby?

  • Adrian Marius Popa at Oct 5, 2012 at 9:30 am

    On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 10:37:26 PM UTC+3, Ruby-Forum.com User wrote:
    Does anyone have an example of how to connect to a database and execute
    a simple query using Ruby?

    I have explained at the end of the article
    http://mapopa.blogspot.ro/2009/02/fireruby-howto-start-with-firebird-and.html

    All you need to do is to install firebird2.5-dev headers and after that
    gem install fb should do all the work for you

    I recommend to use rvm and a current ruby 1.9.3

  • Alejandro P. at Oct 5, 2012 at 12:23 pm

    Adrian Marius Popa wrote in post #1078698:
    On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 10:37:26 PM UTC+3, Ruby-Forum.com User
    Does anyone have an example of how to connect to a database and execute
    a simple query using Ruby?

    I have explained at the end of the article
    http://mapopa.blogspot.ro/2009/02/fireruby-howto-start-with-firebird-and.html

    All you need to do is to install firebird2.5-dev headers and after that
    gem install fb should do all the work for you

    I recommend to use rvm and a current ruby 1.9.3
    Thanks for your reply, I read your blog. Only what i need connect to
    firebird from Windows.

  • Adrian Marius Popa at Oct 8, 2012 at 9:02 pm

    On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 10:37:26 PM UTC+3, Ruby-Forum.com User
    Does anyone have an example of how to connect to a database and execute
    a simple query using Ruby?

    I have explained at the end of the article
    http://mapopa.blogspot.ro/2009/02/fireruby-howto-start-with-firebird-and.html
    All you need to do is to install firebird2.5-dev headers and after that
    gem install fb should do all the work for you

    I recommend to use rvm and a current ruby 1.9.3
    Thanks for your reply, I read your blog. Only what i need connect to
    firebird from Windows.

    I don't use windows but my guess is you need devkit from rails installer
    also the firebird headers

    http://railsinstaller.org/

    ps: on windows usually it's easier to install ubuntu in a virtualbox and
    work from there
    I will try to write some steps for the railsinstalller+devkit installations
    and firebird