Hello,

On my Chakra linux machine the json gem would not get compiled,
I already made a issue for that.

But for continuing my project can I have ruby on rails without the json gem
?
And if so, how can I do this ?

Roelof

  • Roelof at Oct 2, 2012 at 12:01 pm
    Nobody who can tell me ?

    Op maandag 1 oktober 2012 21:26:01 UTC+2 schreef roelof het volgende:
    Hello,

    On my Chakra linux machine the json gem would not get compiled,
    I already made a issue for that.

    But for continuing my project can I have ruby on rails without the json
    gem ?
    And if so, how can I do this ?

    Roelof
  • Gsw at Oct 2, 2012 at 5:37 pm
    What is the error you are getting? You'd be better off leaving json in
    there.

    If you are looking for something more lightweight, have you also looked at
    Sinatra, etc.? http://www.sinatrarb.com/
    On my Chakra linux machine the json gem would not get compiled,
    I already made a issue for that.

    But for continuing my project can I have ruby on rails without the json
    gem ?
    And if so, how can I do this ?

    Roelof
  • Roelof at Oct 2, 2012 at 7:03 pm
    Here is the bug report I filed in : https://github.com/flori/json/issues/147

    Roelof

    What is the error you are getting? You'd be better off leaving json in
    there.

    If you are looking for something more lightweight, have you also looked at
    Sinatra, etc.? http://www.sinatrarb.com/
    On my Chakra linux machine the json gem would not get compiled,
    I already made a issue for that.

    But for continuing my project can I have ruby on rails without the json
    gem ?
    And if so, how can I do this ?

    Roelof
  • Colin Law at Oct 2, 2012 at 7:58 pm

    make: /bin/install: Opdracht niet gevonden
    which translates to Command not found, I think, suggests that you have
    not got the application /bin/install installed.

    Colin
    Roelof

    What is the error you are getting? You'd be better off leaving json in
    there.

    If you are looking for something more lightweight, have you also looked at
    Sinatra, etc.? http://www.sinatrarb.com/
    On my Chakra linux machine the json gem would not get compiled,
    I already made a issue for that.

    But for continuing my project can I have ruby on rails without the json
    gem ?
    And if so, how can I do this ?

    Roelof
    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/4CZlvVwP3PUJ.

  • Colin Law at Oct 2, 2012 at 8:55 pm

    make: /bin/install: Opdracht niet gevonden
    which translates to Command not found, I think, suggests that you have
    not got the application /bin/install installed.
    Or possibly it is installed somewhere else (/usr/bin for example).
    Perhaps you have a configuration problem so that make is looking in
    the wrong place.

    Colin
    Colin
    Roelof

    What is the error you are getting? You'd be better off leaving json in
    there.

    If you are looking for something more lightweight, have you also looked at
    Sinatra, etc.? http://www.sinatrarb.com/
    On my Chakra linux machine the json gem would not get compiled,
    I already made a issue for that.

    But for continuing my project can I have ruby on rails without the json
    gem ?
    And if so, how can I do this ?

    Roelof
    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/4CZlvVwP3PUJ.

  • Roelof at Oct 3, 2012 at 6:39 am
    Hello,

    I can be found at /usr/bin but the gem looks at /bin.

    No idea how to solve this except making a softlink but that's more a work
    around then a real solution to the problem.

    Roelof

[...]

  • Colin Law at Oct 3, 2012 at 9:39 am

    I can be found at /usr/bin but the gem looks at /bin.

    No idea how to solve this except making a softlink but that's more a work
    around then a real solution to the problem.
    You might be better asking on a chakra linux forum as it seems to be
    an OS issue. Probably to do with paths.

    Colin
    Roelof

[...]

  • Roelof at Oct 3, 2012 at 9:51 am
    Fine, The Chakra people say it a json gem problem and say goto the
    maintainer or the Ror community.
    And the community says it's a chakra problem.

    Roelof

[...]

  • Colin Law at Oct 3, 2012 at 9:59 am

    Fine, The Chakra people say it a json gem problem and say goto the
    maintainer or the Ror community.
    And the community says it's a chakra problem.
    No, the community has not said it is a chakra problem (at least I did
    not), I just suggested you might get help there. It you can't get
    anything from the json maintainer then it looks as if the workaround
    of a link is the way to go.

    Colin
    Roelof

[...]

  • Roelof at Oct 3, 2012 at 10:36 am
    I apolize but its's my feeling now.

    Chakra said goto the maintainer, I did not hear anything from him.
    So I thought the community could help me.

    Roelof

[...]

  • Quang Dũng at Oct 4, 2012 at 8:30 am
    My suggestion maybe a little bit off topic.
    But you should try vagrant, create a simple vm. As soon as you have ruby
    and virtualbox running on your machine, you can work despite whatever
    platform :)
    http://vagrantup.com/

  • Jeffrey Jones at Oct 4, 2012 at 9:16 am
    I don't think I have done this myself and I may well be wrong but wasn't
    it that you could satisfy the dependency by installing the json_pure gem?

    Since that is 100% ruby there is no compilation.