I'm using devise for authentication:
In my user model I've do:

def name
"#{first_name} #{last_name}"
end

to have a name method.
After signed in successfully I can use current_user.name.
I want to overwrite name method if the user is guest.
That's the use case:

The guest user signed in successfully, now its name is, for example,
"guest" " guest".
current_user.name is guest guest.
After signed in I present a form with a name input field and a surname
input field.
Submitting the form I want to overwrite the name value with input fields values.
So if name and surname are: "newguest" "newguest" I want
current_user.name have newguest newguest.
There a way to do this?
Thank you.

  • Mauro at Sep 22, 2012 at 2:12 pm

    After signed in successfully I can use current_user.name.
    I want to overwrite name method if the user is guest.
    That's the use case:

    The guest user signed in successfully, now its name is, for example,
    "guest" " guest".
    current_user.name is guest guest.
    After signed in I present a form with a name input field and a surname
    input field.
    Submitting the form I want to overwrite the name value with input fields values.
    So if name and surname are: "newguest" "newguest" I want
    current_user.name have newguest newguest.
    There a way to do this?
    Thank you.

    No ideas?

  • Hassan Schroeder at Sep 22, 2012 at 2:33 pm

    The guest user signed in successfully, now its name is, for example,
    "guest" " guest".
    current_user.name is guest guest.
    After signed in I present a form with a name input field and a surname
    input field.
    Submitting the form I want to overwrite the name value with input fields values.
    So if name and surname are: "newguest" "newguest" I want
    current_user.name have newguest newguest.
    There a way to do this?
    Save the new "names" in session or directly in a cookie.

    http://about.me/hassanschroeder
    twitter: @hassan

  • Mauro at Sep 22, 2012 at 3:03 pm

    The guest user signed in successfully, now its name is, for example,
    "guest" " guest".
    current_user.name is guest guest.
    After signed in I present a form with a name input field and a surname
    input field.
    Submitting the form I want to overwrite the name value with input fields values.
    So if name and surname are: "newguest" "newguest" I want
    current_user.name have newguest newguest.
    There a way to do this?
    Save the new "names" in session or directly in a cookie.
    Yes I want to save in session but how can access the session?
    user_session hash is empty.

  • Hassan Schroeder at Sep 22, 2012 at 3:32 pm

    Yes I want to save in session but how can access the session?
    user_session hash is empty.
    session["foo"] = "bar"

    Of course it's empty until you put something there :-)

    http://about.me/hassanschroeder
    twitter: @hassan

  • Mauro at Sep 22, 2012 at 4:26 pm